Digital Business Analyst
- 3000 Boul le Corbusier, Laval, QC H7L 3W2, Canada
Laura Canada is an iconic and innovative family-owned retailer housing two leading women’s fashion apparel brands, Laura and Melanie Lyne. Based in Laval, Quebec, we design, produce, market and distribute quality apparel across Canada. We proudly employ over 2,000 dedicated team members and operate more than 140 locations and two online stores. We attribute our success to the unwavering commitment of our team to delivering outstanding customer experiences while embodying our shared values of integrity, respect, teamwork, performance, and passion.
At Laura Canada, we believe that delivering an outstanding customer experience is driven by our commitment to an outstanding employee experience.
The Digital Business Technology Analyst is the key liaison between the Information Technology Department and the Digital Marketing team. They are charged with the implementation and ongoing development of business applications and systems in e-commerce, CRM and digital environments as well as improving business processes.
1. Analysis, Testing and Implementation
- Provides expert business technology guidance to end users.
- Manages digital business technology projects, monitors applications and provides analytical solutions to resolve technical issues.
- Researches for any process improvements, develops and manages initiatives to improve processes.
- Creates and maintains specifications, documents, test plans and scripts for all projects in the assigned domain.
- Communicates with business users in order to interpret requirements for IT groups.
- Architects, develops, validates and maintains applications.
- Performs the review of business requirements and workflow as it relates to implemented solutions.
- Acts as a project manager for business technology lead projects.
- Prepares test cases, business use cases and participates in the testing process to evaluate the technology solutions.
- Supervises changes and improvements implemented on business technology applications.
- Resolves defects discovered during all phases of development and maintenance including severity 1 production issues.
- Prepares the user training material for the new applications and trains the teams on how to use the various system components and reports.
- Prepares and presents reports to Managers, updates training material and guides when required.
2. Daily Management
- Provides ongoing and remedial training to the users on how to use the various system components and reports.
- Updates users timely and regularly on status of issues and on any business requests.
- Coordinates with IT community to develop functional requirements, technical specifications and high-level designs.
- Works closely with Developers on data, workflow and additional developmental programming needs.
- Provides levels 2 and 3 application support.
- 7+ years IT experience
- Related industry experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and strong ability to influence others
- Knowledge of SalesForce (SFCC, SFMC, SFSC) systems is required.
- Knowledge of Aptos and Momentis systems is an asset.
- Detail oriented and able to create business requirement documentation
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as at an individual level
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Ability to prioritize and work with deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of the standard Systems Development Life Cycle
- Use of query language tools, Microsoft Reporting and/or a background in programming is an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Ability to work without supervision
- Innovator with quick absorption of new technologies; strong understanding of technology solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work as a member of cross functional teams
Working Conditions and Environment
- This is a full-time position.
- Works in a sitting position.