Concierge Manager (Customer Service Manager)
- 3000 Boul le Corbusier, Laval, QC H7L 3W2, Canada
Laura Canada is an iconic and innovative family-owned retailer housing two leading women’s fashion apparel brands, Laura and Melanie Lyne. Based in Laval, Quebec, we design, produce, market and distribute quality apparel across Canada. We proudly employ over 2,000 dedicated team members and operate more than 140 locations and two online stores. We attribute our success to the unwavering commitment of our team to delivering outstanding customer experiences while embodying our shared values of integrity, respect, teamwork, performance, and passion.
At Laura Canada, we believe that delivering an outstanding customer experience is driven by our commitment to an outstanding employee experience.
A complaint is a gift! The Concierge Manager leads a team responsible for resolving customer inquiries in a way that delights and and maximizes their satisfaction and long-term affinity for the brand. They will develop strategy and lead the implementation and use of innovative technology as needed to remove friction from the customer experience and to meet our customer satisfaction objectives.
As a thought leader for customer service and a strong leader or people, they promote a culture of generous and empathetic problem solving. Their experience, positions them to grow, inspire, educate and coach the Concierge associates who interact virtually with customers, in English and French, for the Laura and Melanie Lyne brands.
1. Strategy and Systems
- Optimizes workflows and designs customer journeys to ensure customers receive speedy and satisfying responses in the language and channels of their choice e.g. phone, email, chat, social media.
- Uses systems (including current partners such as Salesforce Service Cloud) to track issues, record outcomes, and generate reporting that helps to monitor established objectives
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and partner solutions, identifying and launching initiatives (e.g. chat bots, video chat) to support the envisioned customer experience
2. Team and relationships
- Attracts, develops and engages a high performing team, providing total workforce management, leadership, education and coaching to quickly, generously and empathetically address customer inquiries, minimizing conflict and continually improving the skills of the team members
- Communicates with internal colleagues to exchange data useful to business operations including potential feature or process enhancements, as well as to ensure a knowledgeable Concierge team.
- Collaborates with eCommerce, Store Operations and IT teams on initiatives and enhancements related to issues that customers frequently experience as unnecessarily added friction.
- Partners with Store Operations to align on our unique approach to customer relationship building and ensure consistent application of principles across various stages of the customer journey.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s degree is an asset
- Minimum 5 years proven industry experience in customer service, experience in eCommerce is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of people leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (French/English)
- Proficient in Web browser usage, Microsoft Office tools, Salesforce, Aptos
- Ability to empathize and find creative solutions when emotions are involved
- Easily capable of building mutually satisfying relationships based on trust and compassion
- Ability to adapt thoughts and emotions to unfamiliar and unpredictable circumstances
- Optimistic attitude
- Ability to assess business needs, take initiative, and influence colleagues to effect change
- Strong sense of urgency to resolve problems expeditiously
- Desire to work in a dynamic, continuous improvement environment