In-Store Merchandiser / visual * LAURA*
- 100 Bayshore Dr, Nepean, ON K2B 8S8, Canada
Laura Canada is an iconic and innovative family-owned retailer housing two leading women’s fashion apparel brands, Laura and Melanie Lyne. Based in Laval, Quebec, we design, produce, market and distribute quality apparel across Canada. We proudly employ over 2,000 dedicated team members and operate more than 140 locations and two online stores. We attribute our success to the unwavering commitment of our team to delivering outstanding customer experiences while embodying our shared values of integrity, respect, teamwork, performance, and passion.
At Laura Canada, we believe that delivering an outstanding customer experience is driven by our commitment to an outstanding employee experience.
The In-Store Merchandiser executes visual merchandising while respecting the Company’s standards in order to support a superior shopping experience for our customers.
1. Visual Presentation
- Demonstrates creativity in dressing window mannequins to showcase the store’s inventory and adheres to visual standards, including any mandatory directives that may be issued.
- Dresses in-store mannequins and bustforms while following visual standards on styling and pinning.
- Ensures displays (face-outs, t-stands) reflect adjacent sections and promote a fashionable accessorized message.
- Completes the Visual Presentation Checklist in conjunction with Management as a planning tool by using Head Office floor plans/visual updates and marketing directives.
- Communicates deficiencies and unsafe store conditions to Management.
- Orders and replaces lightbulbs in the store, backroom and exit signs ensuring sufficient lighting throughout the store.
- Merchandises the store by using a strong knowledge and understanding of current season’s fashion trends
- Assists store Management Team in proper execution of all Marketing directives with a high sense of urgency.
- Maintains standards regarding folding and sizing, proper usage of hangers and foam strips, and removal of excess tags. Respects the SOP guidelines.
3. Customer Service
- Has constant customer awareness and knows to stop, drop and serve.
- Prepares all incoming and outgoing merchandise in a timely manner.
- Ensures all visual elements (when not in use) are properly stored in a designated area in the backroom only, discarding old banners and signage as per Marketing directives.
- Experience in fashion with a strong background in display/merchandising
- Experience in a retail environment preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong follow-through skills
- Able to adapt to changes and work on adaptable schedules
- Demonstrates fashion flair and creativity.
- Exhibits initiative, self-direction and develops relationships easily.
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize and able to multitask
- Positive attitude and confident
- Passion to keep learning, growing and adapting
- English and/or French as required