- British Columbia, British Colombia, BC, Canada
Founded in 1930 by Laura Wolstein, Laura Canada is a family-owned women’s fashion company carrying two brands: Laura and Melanie Lyne. Based in Quebec, we design, produce, market and distribute clothing and accessories across Canada. Today, we operate more than 140 Laura and Melanie Lyne stores from coast to coast, and a successful e-commerce website. Our rich history, outstanding culture, talented and dedicated team, and loyal customer base has allowed us to become a leader in the industry.
We are looking for a Regional Manager that is a role model and business leader, that motivates and develops a winning management team that provides exceptional customer service. Demonstrates an innovative and entrepreneurial approach by responding to the unique characteristics of the market to achieve all key financial objectives as established by Laura Canada.
1. Financial Objectives
- Achieves key financial objectives established by Laura Canada:
- Actual Sales vs Budget
- Wage Cost
- Closing Ratio
- Reviews store schedules weekly and ensures managers are reacting to sales and traffic trends while ensuring Wage Cost is in line with hours budget given.
- Weekly analyzes and reviews KPI (Key performance indicators) for each store.
3. Business Management
- Conducts Diamond Store Visits with underperforming stores.
- Identifies regional/store opportunities and implements action plans to generate sales, increase productivity and market share.
- Reviews and gives feedback on floor leadership segment accountability on a weekly basis.
- Ensures all stores maintain and comply with all corporate directives (i.e. Marketing, Merchandizing, Visual, Human Resources, Loss Prevention).
- Conducts visual walk-through on each store visit to ensure visual and housekeeping standards are met.
- Provides information to Merchandizing Team to ensure that the inventory mix meets store profile.
4. Customer Service
- Ensures all stores provide LAURA Standards to all customers.
- Coaches all store Management to maintain high standards of customer service using Laura Canada’s tools.
- Ensures all store Management members demonstrate floor leadership and have good control of sales floor (LAURA Standards, zone coverage, cash desk area, fitting rooms).
- Ensures all store Management members act as role models in customer service areas.
- Ensures all stores build and maintain their clientele base using Laura Canada’s tools.
5. People Management
- Maintains a performing team through ongoing coaching and deals with underperforming staff in a timely manner utilizing the Company’s resources (PCP).
- Recruits and selects the best people utilizing all Company recruitment tools.
- Ensures stores fill out and submit to Payroll/HR all paperwork related to employees in a timely manner i.e. Application Form, Departure Notice, medical note, Vacations/Time Off request, Change Form, etc.
- Delegates responsibilities to team members to stimulate growth.
- Resolves employee issues in a timely manner and completes related documentation.
- Ensures stores conduct all 3-Month Reviews and the Mid-Year Reviews in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the successful integration of all new hires by giving them a thorough orientation and by completing appropriate forms.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Regional Manager position in retail.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Store Manager position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to target, plan and execute initiatives in a timely manner.
- Embraces Company initiatives and acts as a change agent to ensure directives are met.
- Able to receive feedback and implements change in a timely manner.
- Able to hire staff and build effective management teams.
- Has an overall retail vision.
What's in it for you
- This is a full-time position.
- Car allowance.
- Bonus .
- Benefits paid in part by the employer
- Responsible for a region with 7+ stores.
- Commits to the hours necessary to fulfill all management responsibilities.
- Available to work days, nights and weekends.
- Extended hours during Christmas Season.
- Required to travel to stores in the region, including out-of-town locations.
- Participates in inventory twice per year, all training sessions and staff meetings.