Public Relations Manager
- 645 E Missouri Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
Lane|Terralever encourages a culture of independent thought, innovation, and problem-solving – finding great solutions to new challenges. We are extremely motivated but have a great respect for work-life balance. We’re not big on egos and attitudes – we’re all here to learn from each other, create amazing work for our clients, and help shape the industry we work in. If you want to work for a firm that honors your experience, integrity, and passion for the business, then we are the company for you.
Lane|Terralever is one of the largest and fastest growing agencies in AZ, and we’re looking for a PR Account Manager to add to our PR practice. We’re a progressive agency, with modern processes like agile planning and truly integrated teams. We focus on helping our clients achieve their business goals, which means we value strategic effort and creativity vs. applying the same methodology to every account. If you want to be part of an agency that is moving the industry forward, and want to be challenged to grow, this is a job to consider.
This position requires: strong management skills, the ability to plan, execute and manage multiple client accounts; strong writing skills; proven client relations skills, professionalism; the ability to develop and foster solid media relationships locally and nationally; proficiency at pitching and placing earned media; excellent presentation skills; a desire to learn how to measure PR to ROI; a love of working with integrated teams.
The PR pro we select will play a key role in managing the agency’s relationships with several of our local and national accounts. This position also requires a team-oriented perspective in a values-based, consensus-driven, and highly service oriented agency culture.
- Collaborate on public relations strategies that address challenges and opportunities for clients in many industries
- Interact confidently with clients, prospects, and media, both in formal presentations and spontaneous situations
- Develop and execute PR programs, keeping in mind the integrated nature of PR today (PESO)
- Contribute creative ways to keep clients relevant and working proactively as often as possible
- Schedule and attend client and team meetings
- Develop media lists, editorial calendars, press releases, and content
- Build your career with one-on-one mentorship from a senior PR leader
- Craft editorial plans that are appropriate for distribution on both traditional and online channels
- Measure and report on PR initiatives in a way that ties the PR efforts back to real business goals for the clients
- Collaborate on public relations strategies that address challenges and opportunities for clients
- Write press releases, award submissions, media briefings, and other documents
- Develop expertise in client brand, voice and business
- Interact confidently with clients, prospects and media, both in formal presentations and spontaneous situations
- Schedule and attend client meetings
- Maintain client documentation, records, and reports
- Develop media lists, editorial calendars, press releases, and articles
The PR Account Manager will report to the VP of PR, and will be part of the PR, content, and social media group within the agency. This role may eventually manage contractors and entry-level PR team members.
This position is a springboard for a PR director role, as well as a lateral role in another area of the agency. As an integrated marketing agency, LaneTerralever frequently has positions open up across all practice areas. These roles are open to existing employees who want to broaden their skill set.
- 5-8 years of public relations agency experience with a thorough understanding of both corporate and PR agency cultures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Proven media relations success
- Strong presentation skills, alone or in a team setting
- Organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Collaborative ability and creative thinking, matched with humble confidence
Success for the PR Account Manager will be determined based on the following factors:
- Professionalism, with team members, clients, and partners
- Work ethic – This person is expected to work hard and work smart
- Dependability – PR is a role that frequently requires last minute requests be met. The person in this role is expected to be prepared to perform both proactively and reactively
- Quality of performance – this person is expected to perform at a level consistent with an agency account manager, and their years of experience
- Accountability –This person is expected to own their responsibilities, learn from mistakes (we all make them), and do what they say they’ll do
- Creativity – This person is expected to bring creative thinking to their work
- Attitude – This person is expected to show up with a positive attitude, a willingness to help their team, and the tenacity to keep their head above water on tough days
If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No phone calls or agencies, please.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.