Business Development & Marketing Manager
- 645 E Missouri Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
Lane|Terralever encourages a culture of independent thought, innovation, and problem-solving – finding great solutions to new challenges. We are extremely motivated but have a great respect for work-life balance. We’re not big on egos and attitudes – we’re all here to learn from each other, create amazing work for our clients, and help shape the industry we work in. If you want to work for a firm that honors your experience, integrity, and passion for the business, then we are the company for you.
The Business Development Manager is expected to support and collaborate with the SVP of Business Solutions on a number of new business initiatives. In many cases, the Business Development Manager will be asked to lead inbound opportunities through the qualification phase as they arise, and will play a key role in research, proposal development, pitch meetings, and responses to written proposals. They will act as the primary client point of contact on the majority of inbound opportunities the new business team fields. Crafting narratives and proactively connecting with leaders at potential partner organizations and prospective companies through our participation in associations and boards will be important to long-term success in this role.
The Business Development Manager needs to be self-motivated, and extremely passionate about representing Lane|Terralever in the marketplace. Being comfortable with the Lane|Terralever story and being able to clearly and concisely articulate what sets us apart will also be key to success in this role. Lastly they should be comfortable working with a great deal of autonomy, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and an ability to adapt and be eager to learn in an industry that is rapidly changing.
- Qualify Opportunities - Evaluate and advise on new client opportunities and measure against agency goals & strategic objectives
- Pitch Research & Insights Gathering - Conduct preliminary research and/or audits that uncover meaningful insights into a prospective client’s business for proposal responses
- Develop Pitch Proposals & RFP Responses - Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop proposal and pitch deliverables including case studies, client POV, opportunity briefs and all written components of proposals
- Prospective Client Meetings - Help facilitate and attend meetings with prospective clients
- New Business Process - Collaborate with internal team to improve upon new business processes from an organizational perspective including knowledge sharing system to help increase efficiency in agency RFI/RFP responses
- Networking & Partnerships - Attend agency targeted networking events
- Sales Forecasting & Reporting - Manage and provide consistent sales reporting to Executive team for qualified new business opportunities
- Strong desire to serve as a representative of the Lane|Terralever brand in the marketplace
- Clear understanding of the agency landscape, sales cycle, with 2-4 years experience in marketing and advertising
- Comfortable crafting messaging and communicating with senior brand leaders
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with senior brand leaders
- Expertise in Keynote and/or PowerPoint and Word. Adobe Creative Suite is desired, but not required
If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No phone calls or agencies, please.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.