Human Resources Specialist
- 645 E Missouri Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
LaneTerralever encourages a culture of independent thought, innovation, and problem-solving – finding great solutions to new challenges. We are extremely motivated but have a great respect for work-life balance. We’re not big on egos and attitudes – we’re all here to learn from each other, create amazing work for our clients and to help shape the industry we work in. If you want to work for a firm that honors your experience, integrity, and passion for the business, then we are the company for you.
The role of the Human Resources Specialist is to create an environment focused around employee satisfaction and sense of ownership in LaneTerralever’s mission. The Human Resources Specialist will successfully promote an environment where the employees feel valued, and are eager to make LaneTerralever an exciting and productive workplace. A key element of this position is the candidate’s capability to recruit talent on an ongoing basis to meet LaneTerralever’s ever evolving project needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform payroll processing and employee paycheck inquires.
- Maintain Reflektive account to ensure review completion and assist managers with employee goal setting. Coordinate annual review and compensation discussions and approvals with managers.
- Maintain employee benefit programs including the management of all paperwork and program implementation and research programs that improve and encourage employee wellness. Serve as a liaison between employees and insurance company/broker.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures, prepare and maintain employee handbook.
- Implement new employee training processes, schedule onboarding meetings, and research, make recommendations, and schedule ongoing learning and company-wide training opportunities, i.e. harassment, MBTI.
- Develop and implement strategic recruitment plans to ensure selection of highly qualified personnel. Work with Operations and Discipline Leads to ensure that LaneTerralever is properly staffed with the best possible candidates. Implement full hiring lifecycle including resume screening, interview coordination, hiring approval, offer letters, background checks, and E-verify.
- Maintain all employment records including I-9 forms, payroll, and hiring records. Update HRIS as needed.
- Understand the basic work and lingo at LaneTerralever to help create cooperative and functional communication between employees to optimize time and resources.
- Process new employee paperwork and onboarding coordinate with IT, BMG, Office Manager, and employee’s manager for software and hardware requirements and setup, seat location, first day meetings, benefits, and paperwork.
- Work with managers to update job descriptions and job postings as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with all federal, state, and local regulations and reporting including annual EEO-1 filing.
- Counsel employees when necessary, seeking advice or input from managers. Act as mediator when appropriate to facilitate better communication. Track employee morale and engagement through eNPS polls. Review employee complaints and facilitate timely resolution.
- Counsel managers regarding employee disciplinary issues. Work with managers to determine effectiveness of new hires and gauge morale in the company.
- Ensure time sheet completion and track PTO and Sick Time.
- Facilitate termination process for exiting employees. Conduct exit interviews and report findings when appropriate.
- 3+ years related HR experience. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or related field preferred. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee engagement, teambuilding, as well as payroll and compensation, and benefits.
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal and local regulations.
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Exceptional project/personnel management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential.
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with management team.
If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No phone calls or agencies, please.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.