Brand Strategy & Research Manager
- 725 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
LaneTerralever encourages a culture of independent thought, innovation, and problem-solving – finding great solutions to new challenges. We are extremely motivated but have a great respect for work-life balance. We’re not big on egos and attitudes – we’re all here to learn from each other, create amazing work for our clients, and help shape the industry we work in. If you want to work for a firm that honors your experience, integrity, and passion for the business, then we are the company for you.
Responsible for the consumer relevance of the brand communication strategy and research informing brand development. Actively contributes to the strategic process through discovery, brief generation, primary research design, secondary research findings and insights, implementation and analysis; intelligence support, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Represents the client in all advertising communications through consumer research and dialogue with primary research specialists, account managers, and creatives.
- Supports and participates in strategy development initiatives for clients and new business, and presents research/strategy findings in client and new business meetings
- Conducts and manages discovery autonomously while supporting team lead
- Collects research project input and prepares RFP and project/tabulation specifications
- Designs and monitors questionnaires and topic guides
- Designs and conducts in-depth interviews and develops insights in succinct brief format
- Coordinates all focus groups efforts and logistics, including discussion guide development, assimilation of all assets, key findings, and data analysis, and develops implications and recommendations with oversight from team lead
- Monitors and interprets industry, cultural and social trends relevant to client business
- Creates inspiring, relevant creative briefs and translates insight into ideas and subsequent management of ideas across all media
Here’s what you’ll need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college required.
- 3-5 years of work experience, including fieldwork or internships, or as a junior planner in advertising either in creative work or qualitative research, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research experience (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) with an ability to see and adapt insights.
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, advertising, communications, culture, people, etc. – a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick.
- Project Management – Monitoring overall timeframes and deliverable milestones for research projects, planning components, etc., to deliver according to client/staff expectations.
- Organizational Skills – Effectively managing time to provide access and availability to counsel department and agency staff when needed, as well as being available for key client meetings.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data.
- Ability to draft research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively support presentation of research results to customers, clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to present in a manner that influences and leads others around a great idea.
- Ability to foster collaboration with other disciplines and client, and manage a multitude of projects at varying stages.
- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete and/or abstract variables in standardized situations.
If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No calls or agencies, please.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.