Social Media Specialist
- 2695 E Dominguez St, Carson, CA 90895, USA
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the most innovative manufacturers of educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, we are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, over 60 store locations and a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people who make up our team, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.
We are looking for a Social Media Specialist who is excited to elevate Lakeshore’s compelling brand narrative and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our social media platforms. Reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for scheduling, developing and publishing daily content that encourages audience engagement and supports ongoing business objectives. You will be part of the team that oversees Lakeshore’s unique brand identity while maintaining a consistent voice across all social media platforms—including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn. Using the latest analytic and reporting tools, you will develop strategies and best practices to generate customer enthusiasm for Lakeshore campaigns.
This position requires impeccable writing skills, a creative mind, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a variety of projects and tasks. You will need to collaborate cross-functionally with the Creative team (project managers, designers, copywriters, etc.) and other internal departments daily. You must bring a “no task is too small” attitude and a willingness to closely collaborate with fellow team members. You should possess a high EQ, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as strong project management skills. This role is perfect for the person with boundless energy, a strong desire to learn and an overwhelming need to achieve.
This Social Media Specialist role is currently remote but will eventually be on-site at our Carson, CA headquarters.
A day at Lakeshore looks like this:
• Supporting the development and execution of high-quality social media content related to integrated/omni-channel marketing campaigns, educational conferences, special events and other brand initiatives
• Increasing engagement through powerful brand advocacy online and over multiple social media platforms, including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
• Conceiving, developing, executing and measuring all tactics for evergreen campaigns on Lakeshore’s social media channels
• Managing the scheduling and posting of social content and ensuring that the highest quality-control standards are maintained
• Setting and maintaining a high bar for content, ensuring that what is produced is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, tone of voice and optimized for search
• Developing ideas for engaging content and providing creative direction to the Art and Photo Department for the creation of high-quality content that will resonate with our community of teachers and parents to increase Lakeshore brand awareness and loyalty
• Managing the timelines and workflow of all social media projects (campaigns, daily posts, social videos, etc.)
• Collaborating with internal marketing teams (Loyalty/CRM, Web, Paid, Brand, etc.) and cross-functional teams such as Art, Creative, Purchasing, Merchandising, Customer Service, etc., on a daily basis
• Responding quickly to post comments, audience inquiries and customer requests, working closely with Customer Service and other departments for high-priority postings that need immediate resolution
• Analyzing campaign performance and adjusting content as needed based on performance, conversion or other predetermined KPIs
• Supporting the B2B side of our business where applicable
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• BA/BS degree in related field preferred (Marketing, Business, Public Relations or Communications)
• 2-3 years of experience managing a brand’s social media content and brand voice, developing engaging content, and building and growing a loyal audience base
• Experience with Sprout Social is a huge PLUS; experience with other management platforms required
• Passion for everything social media-related
• Active and ongoing social media experience with a creative eye for viral content, retail trends and consumer conversations
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Superb organizational and project management skills with demonstrated experience managing overlapping timelines and project priorities
• Ability to be nimble and pivot in project direction and execution when needed
• Excellent analytical skills and great attention to detail
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate information quickly and effectively with peers and department leaders
• Knowledge of the education system/classroom is preferred but not required
• Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a plus, but not required
• Entrepreneurial or start-up experience a plus
At Lakeshore, we know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.