Market Solutions Lead
- 1090 Vermont Ave NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
- Employees can work remotely
LaMP develops large-scale, long-term solutions for low-income workers to access quality jobs across borders – one of the best poverty reduction models we have to date. Our mission is to build an ecosystem of actors implementing safe and reliable mobility pathways, creating value for workers, employers, and economies along the way. This work hinges on successful collaboration with three groups of private sector actors critical for making labor mobility work at scale: recruitment agencies, employers, and social investors.
With persistent labor shortages in the developed world and high unemployment in the developing world, we expect the market for international mobility solutions to grow exponentially in the coming years. Now is the time to get this right and to unlock the enormous impact potential of quality, rights-respecting labor mobility at scale.
LaMP is recruiting a Market Solutions Lead to dramatically accelerate and expand our in-roads and partnership with the private sector. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, private-sector-fluent professional with a proven track record of forging collaboration to leverage commercial interests for good to complement our team of migration and labor mobility specialists. This role will be responsible for (1) developing and launching proof-of-concept initiatives ranging from results-based financing models to market transformation approaches to solutions to market failures, and other innovative approaches to scaling market-viable, quality labor mobility systems for poverty reduction aims; and (2) advancing thought leadership around the role of the private sector in global labor mobility and opportunities to improve the current system to better meet private sector needs.
This role will report to the Founder & Executive Director. After an initial 6-12 months, we expect the Market Solutions Lead to be able to start to build out a team.
(Please note that LaMP is not able to sponsor work visas at this time and so applicants must have existing authorization in their intended work location.)
Note: We are considering candidates at the Senior Associate or Manager level, and so will be excited to see candidates applying with total experience levels ranging from 5-15 years. We expect a successful hire will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in management consulting, corporate sustainability, or early-stage companies and social enterprises, including experience in entrepreneurial roles leading new organizations, ventures, or initiatives
- Motivated by a mixture of strategy and partnership development as well as designing the details of new innovations in business and investment models to solve complex social problems
- Experience living or at least working in developing countries
- Demonstrated ability to develop a portfolio of work and relationships
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
- Comfortable with blue sky thinking and a high degree of ambiguity
- Equally capable in self-directed and team-based work
- Professional fluency in Spanish preferred
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications above, please submit a one-page cover letter and resume using this link. Only candidates who submit cover letters will be considered. We are looking to hire this role ASAP so will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis; as a result we encourage interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience.
LaMP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.