- Elsenstraße 106, 12435 Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
Labforward builds software products for laboratories and scientists. We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer (m/w/d) to help bring our laboratory inventory system to the next level. We’re converting the inventory management feature of our ELN (Labfolder) into a standalone, fully-capable inventory management system for laboratories.
We are accepting applications for the next four weeks with a start date in early January 2021. The position can be filled in Berlin, or remotely in Germany with regular travel to Berlin.
About the job
- You will be a core member of the engineering team of our youngest product! While it requires a lot of dedication and ownership, you can also expect to grow in your strengths in this job and take early responsibilities on a new product.
- You will be responsible for delivering web application features (in coordination with the product team). You will develop API endpoints and implement the user interface, follow up on issues and come up with solutions.
- You will write clean code with unit and integration tests, make continuous improvements to the codebase, create proper documentation, including API documentation aimed at our users.
- You will follow agile practices, work as a team and ensure timely delivery.
- You will take part in daily standups, planning sessions and code reviews.
- You will find a lot of interesting technical challenges around data integrity, versioning, scalability, performance, integration with our other products, advanced search, authorization/authentication, accessibility, etc.
How to apply
Please no recuiters.
In addition to your CV, we prefer to work with focused questions rather than a formal cover letter. Even if you don’t tick all the boxes, please tell us:
1. How does this job correspond to your expectations?
2. What would you bring in the team?
3. What do you think of our products?
We will only consider applications that answer those questions. You don't need to overthink it, just write with your own words!
In consideration of the current global circumstances and in respect of safety measures, the entire recruiting process will be conducted remotely.
Our current tech stack
- Backend: Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, REST API, Elasticsearch, AWS S3
- Other: GitHub, CircleCI, AWS, Docker, Gradle, IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code
- At least 2-5 years of software development experience in a team setup using modern tools (like Jira, Github, CircleCI, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with Spring and/or at least one frontend framework is a big plus
- You value, understand and apply solid software development fundamentals
- You are looking forward to working for a startup and are ready to take ownership, work autonomously and grow together
- You are a good communicator, not afraid of asking questions and eager to learn from others
- You are comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English)
- Our product matters - our software assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
- Our employees matter - flexible working hours and home office policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan among other benefits.
- We are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
- Working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better. Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit.
Labforward is building web applications for scientists and laboratories. We have two core products: Labfolder, an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, and Laboperator, a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology. We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
So what are you waiting for? Come join our dynamic team which will help you learn and grow as an individual!