Backend or Fullstack Engineer (m/w/d) Java
- Elsenstraße 106, 12435 Berlin, Germany
Labforward builds software products for laboratories and scientists. We are looking for a Backend or Fullstack Engineer (m/w/d) to help bring our laboratory inventory system to the next level. The position can be filled in Berlin, Karlsruhe, or remotely in Germany with regular travel to Berlin.
In this role:
- You will follow agile practices, work as a team and ensure timely delivery.
- You will take part in daily standup meetings, planning sessions and code reviews.
- You will help us launch our third product! We’re building an inventory management database for laboratories, which helps scientists keep track of their inventory.
- You will come up with your own solutions for technical challenges around data integrity, file management, rights and roles concepts and search functionalities.
- You will write code in a structured and readable way, you will write unit and regression tests and document your code properly, including API documentation aimed at our users.
- Ideally, you will take an important part in the DevOps operations around the deployment of our product.
- You will stay on top of the latest developments in software design, architecture and web services.
Our current tech stack:
- Backend: Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, REST API, Elasticsearch, AWS S3
- Other: GitHub, CircleCI, AWS, Docker, Gradle
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years of backend coding experience in a team for large-scale applications
- Java proficiency, experience with relational databases, REST APIs, Elasticsearch, AWS (or some of these)
- You are comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English)
What we offer:
Our product matters - our software assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - flexible working hours and home office policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan among other benefits.
We are a small and international company (30 people): our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better. Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit.
How to apply?
No recruiters please.
Please apply through our website and include a CV and a cover letter. You don’t need to overthink it, just tell us with your own words why you are interested in this position and what makes you think that you are a good fit.
In consideration of the current global circumstances and in respect of safety measures, the entire recruiting process will be conducted remotely.
Labforward is building web applications for scientists and laboratories. We have two core products: the Labfolder, an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, and Laboperator, a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology. We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Labforward welcomes diversity and strives to ensure an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified candidates with no regard to ethnic origin, appearance, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other features that make an individual interesting and unique. We respect the work-life balance and are family-friendly. Our main offices in Berlin also have an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
So what are you waiting for? Come join our dynamic team which will help you learn and grow as an individual!