Embedded Software Engineer (m/w/d)
- Elsenstraße 106, 12435 Berlin, Germany
Labforward builds software products for laboratories and scientists. We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer (m/w/d) to bring our IoT platform for the lab to the next level. The position can be filled in Berlin or Karlsruhe, with occasional travel when required.
In this role you will:
- Be part of a 2-person team that specializes in the development and maintenance of a large collection of drivers
- Team-up with our customers to gather all the necessary information on the devices and functionalities that need to be integrated
- Code in-house drivers for numerous scientific devices in Node.js, including unit and regression testing, in a structured and well-documented way
- Troubleshoot every step of the device integration, from researching the technical documentation to interacting with our clients in their labs where the devices are located (either remotely or on-site)
- Optional: Work on the embedded systems code structure and architecture to increase performance and improve integration with our web application
Our current tech stack:
- SiLA, Modbus, RS232, REST, XML (industry technologies)
What we’re looking for:
- Deep interest in embedded systems technology
- Experience with the Linux command line
- You should be comfortable working in an international and distributed team (company language is English), and have good communication skills in German
What we offer:
- Our product matters - our software assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
- Our employees matter - flexible working hours and home office policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan among other benefits.
- We are a small and international company (30 people): our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
- Working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better. Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit.
How to apply?
No recruiters please.
Please apply through our website and include a CV and a cover letter. You don’t need to overthink it, just tell us with your own words why you are interested in this position and what makes you think that you are a good fit.
In consideration of the current global circumstances and in respect of safety measures, the entire recruiting process will be conducted remotely. Our offices are located in Berlin and Karlsruhe, however, the Labforward team is allowed to work from home during the crisis. We are adapting to the current situation dynamically, taking into consideration the well-being of our employees and their surroundings by following the authorities’ recommendations and strict hygiene standards.
Labforward is building web applications for scientists and laboratories. We have two core products: Laboperator, a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labfolder, an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place. We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Labforward welcomes diversity and strives to ensure an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified candidates with no regard to ethnic origin, appearance, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other features that make an individual interesting and unique.
We respect the work-life balance and are family-friendly. Our main offices in Berlin also have an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.