IoT Engineer (m/w/d) Node.js
- Berlin, Germany
About Labforward & the Laboperator product:
We are a mix of passionate technology experts and scientists building the operating system of the lab by connecting researchers, data, devices and processes. At Labforward, you can help simplify daily life in the lab, allowing researchers to concentrate on what they do best: making extraordinary discoveries and bringing innovation to the world.
Our product Laboperator is the plug & play solution to connect all lab instruments in a single platform. It allows scientists to collect and analyze instrument data in real-time and manage devices remotely.
Industry Technologies: SiLA, Modbus, RS232, REST, XML
About the position:
Part of Laboperator is a framework to develop, manage and run a large number of drivers remotely using a Connector. Instrument drivers run on embedded computers we call Connector Boxes whenever a hardware connection is required.
Device integration: You develop and test drivers that represent integration points to external systems based on serial/network communication or software API’s.
Software architecture: As part of an experienced team you continuously improve the infrastructure of remote development tools, code delivery and performance edge computing during operation.
Customer interaction: You work on remote systems and collaborate with clients as the devices to integrate are often located in their laboratories. While it is an exception, if a problem can only be solved on the ground, you visit them in the lab.
Our ideal candidate:
- You are able to comprehend and implement standardized methods to improve highly modular and distributed software architectures.
- You are willing to travel occasionally (mostly within Germany).
- You can clearly articulate problems and are comfortable speaking to clients frequently.
- You are comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English). German is a plus but not mandatory.
- You are a fast learner and are enthusiastic to gain more knowledge about IoT and the integration of scientific instruments.
- You are a team player who can clearly communicate his vision to colleagues. You make sure your code is maintainable, follows agreed code standards and is well documented.
- You have a drive for continuous improvement and innovation, desire to have an impact by effectively managing conflicts and priorities, and by thinking creatively and solution-oriented.
What we offer:
- Our product matters. We simplify the work of scientists and help them make great discoveries.
- We are a small and international company (25 people) that supports and believes in self-development: we like to see our colleagues grow.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours (core hours from 10 am to 4 pm), home-office possible on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- An annual budget to spend on learning.
- Passionate colleagues that care about each other.
- Regular team events and visits to our Berlin headquarters.
How to apply?
Please apply through our website, and don’t hesitate to send us an email at careers-at-labforward.io if you have any questions.
A cover letter is even more important for us than your CV. You don’t need to overthink it, just tell us with your own words why you would like to do this job, why you would be good at it, and why Labforward! Don’t forget to indicate your ideal starting date and salary expectations.
Do you have a previous project that you are really proud of? Any open source contributions? A public GitHub profile? Please include any of these you feel relevant to your application!
Labforward welcomes diversity and strives for an inclusive environment. We are looking for qualified candidates with no regard to ethnic origin, appearance, gender identity & sexual orientation, disability, age, or other features that make a person interesting and unique.
We respect the work-life balance and are family-friendly. Also, our building in Berlin has an elevator.