Business Administration Intern (m/w/x)
- Elsenstraße 106, 12435 Berlin, Germany
We are looking for a motivated intern to join the admin team and work together with our financial controller. You will be involved in all aspects of finance, accounting and reporting of our SaaS startup.
This position is aimed at students looking for a mandatory internship pertaining to topics specific to their studies (for example finance, business or other related fields of studies).
labfolder is a software company that develops an online electronic lab notebook (ELN) for scientists. By transforming the traditional paper lab notebook into a productivity & collaboration platform, we make it easier for scientists to create, find, share, discuss and validate research data.
Our diverse team of scientists, technologists, and entrepreneurs are building the operating system of the lab, connecting researchers, data, devices and processes.
Create a free account on our website to have a look at our product: https://www.labfolder.com/free-version/
About the position:
We are looking for a motivated intern to join the admin team and work together with our financial controller. You will be involved in all aspects of finance, accounting and reporting of our SaaS startup:
- Process incoming invoices in our accounting software (DATEV)
- Interact with the whole team to gather the data needed for the monthly investor’s report
- Analyze data from our accounting and customer data to give senior management insight into our business
- Apply to business plan competitions and investor/startup event opportunities
- Help to improve internal processes so we can grow even faster
- You have to complete a mandatory internship as a part of your studies
- You are looking for a full-time internship for at least 4 months
- You are comfortable working with Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel
- You are attentive to detail and good at detecting mistakes as you’ll be working with numbers
- You love organizing as you’ll be handling a lot of documents and folders
- Ideally, you already have acquired basic knowledge about accounting and controlling
What we offer:
- Be a full member of our admin team
- A hands-on approach and with space to voice your opinions and participate in decision making
- Caring supervision - we want to help you develop your skills and take time for our interns
- Work for a product that matters: our mission is to support scientific discoveries and the progress of science
- A modern office in culturally vibrant Berlin
- A small and friendly team of colleagues from all over the world
- Free weekly German classes
- Casual dress code
- Fun social events such as boat activities and barbecues
- Coffee, fresh fruits, TGIF drinks and occasional ice-creams
- An internship compensation, plus the reimbursement of your monthly public transport ticket
How to apply:
A cover letter is even more important to us than your CV. You don’t need to overthink it, just tell us why you would like to do this job, why you would be good at it, and why labfolder! Please tell us as well your ideal starting date.
labfolder welcomes diversity and strives for an inclusive environment. We are looking for qualified candidates with no regard to race, color, appearance, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other features that make a person interesting and unique. We respect work-life balance and are family friendly.