Back-End Developer - Java (m/w/x)
- Elsenstraße 106, 12435 Berlin, Germany
Do you want to help digitize scientific research? We are looking for a friendly and dynamic back-end developer to join our team in Berlin!
labfolder aims to be the central repository for all laboratory research data. We currently develop an electronic lab notebook (ELN) for scientists which redefines the traditional paper lab notebook as a productivity & collaboration platform. We make it easier for research teams to create, find, share, discuss and validate their findings.
Create a free account on our website to have a look at our application: https://www.labfolder.com/free-version/
We are a mix of passionate technology experts and scientists who want to build and share our product with universities, biotech companies and other research institutions. At labfolder you can help simplify daily life in the lab, allowing researchers to concentrate on what they do best: making extraordinary discoveries and bringing innovation to the world!
About the position:
- Support the existing cloud and on-premise applications
- Help design and develop new REST-APIs, to allow partners to add data directly into our platform
- Participate in building a scalable platform to help scientists store their ever-increasing data!
Our tech stack:
How we work:
We are an agile team of 9 people (dev, product, design, QA) organizing our workflow with Jira. We hold a daily standup and all our code undergoes peer-review till it is ready! And we care about test coverage.
We are looking for:
- Java proficiency
- Someone who has experience in and enjoys working in a team
- A good communicator, able to explain your work and exchange with colleagues
- Open to giving and receiving feedback from team members
- Pragmatic enough to know how much effort to put in which direction
- We are a startup: you are not afraid of taking the initiative, you are independent and self-motivated
What we offer:
- Our product matters: we simplify the work of scientists and help them make great discoveries
- We are a small and friendly company (20 people) that supports and believes in self-development: we like to see our colleagues grow
- You will work in a dedicated and fun team of colleagues from 12 different countries
- We welcome initiative and value your opinion - share your own ideas on the topic
- A super nice office next to Treptower Park in Berlin
- Startup perks: drinks, TGIF beer, ice-cream in the fridge, a ping-pong table, regular BBQ or other events
How to apply:
A cover letter is even more important for us than your CV. You don’t need to overthink it, just tell us with your own words why you would like to do this job, why you would be good at it, and why labfolder! Don’t forget to indicate your ideal starting date.
Do you have a previous project that you are really proud of? Any open source contributions? A public GitHub profile? Please include any of these you feel relevant with your application!
One last thing :)
labfolder welcomes diversity and strives for an inclusive environment. We are looking for qualified candidates with no regard to ethnic origin, appearance, gender identity & sexual orientation, disability, age, or other features that make a person interesting and unique.
We respect work-life balance and are family friendly.