IT Manager (Information Technology)
Founded in 2002, La Scuola International School – the only Reggio Emilia inspired, International Baccalaureate (IB) and Italian language immersion school in the world – is serving the Bay Area with two San Francisco campuses (Preschool - Grade 8), and one new campus in Silicon Valley (Preschool - Grade 1). Our mission is to inspire brave learners to shape the future. Every day, it’s the students at La Scuola who ask provocative questions and lead their learning across languages, across cultures, and across subjects. To learn more, please visit us at www.lascuolasf.org.
La Scuola International School is accredited by NAIS, CAIS, WASC and CIS and is one of two Italian schools recognized by the Italian government in the United States.
We believe our community thrives through diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and realities. Only through a persistent drive to listen and learn from one another, create and promote equitable opportunities and to continue to reflect and evolve will we be able to establish systems which will address the needs of the one and the many.
La Scuola seeks an innovative, customer-oriented, experienced and hands-on IT Manager to oversee all aspects of the School’s technology efforts including planning, implementation and maintenance. This full-time position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with the Leadership Team, faculty and staff members to ensure seamless productivity and support through the effective use of technology software and hardware systems throughout the organization.
The IT Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the School’s network infrastructure, as well as troubleshooting software and hardware issues, configuring and maintaining systems, and performing equipment maintenance and repair. The ideal candidate will oversee installation and configuration of hardware and software and train the end users.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualities: excellent written and verbal communications skills, highly organized, ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with personnel within a school environment and understand processes, workflows and goals. Individual will travel between campuses in San Francisco and occasionally to the Silicon Valley campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage/maintain the School’s network including but not limited to: network security, firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, printers, physical and virtual servers, web / domain hosting, video surveillance and VoIP phone system.
- Manage/maintain all software and cloud services, updates, data backup.
- Responsible for advocating and coordinating network changes on behalf of internal users
- Work with technology consultants as needed on potential data and other security issues, including ensuring best practices with respect to user training
- Manage cybersecurity efforts and back up applications
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update information systems
- Conduct regular system audits
- Oversee and determine time frame for major information technology projects
- Analyze products and make recommendations on use of new technology products and services
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and/or software applications.
- Manage cloud-based platforms including but not limited to Google Business, Blackbaud K - 12 systems, etc.
- Ensure proper backups of all systems are completed on a regular basis
- Manage, purchase, and upgrade computer inventory, replacing as needed.
- Work closely with the instructional technology team to ensure software is meeting needs.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained on the school’s email and operating systems.
- Manage and coordinate use of outside vendors and consultants.
- Works with human resources to ensure all new hires receive hardware and software in a timely manner
- Support technology for events including AV equipment set up / break down
- Provide help desk services, which include resolving hardware/software problems, answering questions and tracking requests
- Manage the database administration for multiple software systems.
- Maintain School’s inventory of hardware and software licenses including the school’s student and staff Chromebook fleet
- Perform other ad-hoc projects or tasks as assigned
- Develop and review budgets, and approve invoices as needed
- Stay current on new trends in information technology
- Create and maintain technical disaster recovery plan
- Document software policies, procedures, and change orders
- Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work in the planning, installation and support of new and existing systems
- Identify and implement processes for the School’s helpdesk software so that tickets are processed in an efficient and timely manner
- B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science or applicable field of study
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related role
- Experience supporting a school community is a plus!
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience. Starting range is $120,000 - $130,000.
To be considered for the position, please apply here with your 1) Resume 2) Cover Letter and 3) three professional references, including full contact information.
To learn more, visit www.lascuolasf.org
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training. If you feel you may have been discriminated against on the basis of sex or would like more information, please contact Dani Sollberger, Director of Administration, by email or 415-558-9006 or by mail at 728 20th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.