Temporary Grade 1 Elementary Teacher (January - June '23)
- 3250 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Founded in 2002, La Scuola International School – the only Reggio Emilia inspired, International Baccalaureate (IB) and Italian language immersion school in the world – is serving the Bay Area with two San Francisco campuses (Preschool - Grade 8), and one new campus in Silicon Valley (Preschool - Grade 1). Our mission is to inspire brave learners to shape the future. Every day, it’s the students at La Scuola who ask provocative questions and lead their learning across languages, across cultures, and across subjects. To learn more, please visit us at www.lascuolasf.org.
La Scuola International School is accredited by NAIS, CAIS, WASC and CIS and is one of two Italian schools recognized by the Italian government in the United States.
We believe our community thrives through diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and realities. Only through a persistent drive to listen and learn from one another, create and promote equitable opportunities and to continue to reflect and evolve will we be able to establish systems which will address the needs of the one and the many.
La Scuola International School seeks an experienced Temporary Grade 1 Elementary School teacher from January - June 2023.
We are particularly interested in teachers with experience in the IB-PYP (IB Primary Years Program). Applicants should be able to teach an inquiry-based curriculum, be strong team players and be very proactive and flexible.
The position will start January 2023 and will report to the Division Director.
The Elementary Teacher will support and implement the daily program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the School under the supervision and direction of the Division Director and the Head of School.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English/Italian;
- Knowledge of Reggio Emilia approach;
- Familiarity with IB-PYP Curriculum framework or inquiry/project based approach;
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving, creativity, excellent multitasking skills, and ability to thrive in a start-up environment are a must.
- Ability to plan curriculum, lead other teachers;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present in public to both parents and other educators;
- Enjoy working with children, including ones with mild learning differences;
- Ability to work well in a team and in a very collegial and collaborative environment;
- Willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the La Scuola community;
- Obvious passion for the academic subject matter being taught;
- Commitment to equity, inclusion and a diverse community;
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Designing, planning & implementing appropriate curriculum goals and long-term projects within the IB-PYP guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Setting educational and developmental goals for the children, both as a group and individually, including but not limited to:
- Preparing the environment (indoor and outdoor) so as to support the educational objectives/goals including, but not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining a personal connection with each parent, child's family, including:
- Communicating with parents
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. We are unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
In addition, the final candidate will need to pass both Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance and a physical exam, and provide a recent copy of a negative TB test and other immunization records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, or Child Development Certificate, or 5+ years experience working with children required;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching in K-8 grade level, preferably in a language immersion program and or and IB accredited school;
- Bilingual and bi-literate in Italian and English with native or near-native Italian proficiency
- Experience working in a Reggio Emilia inspired school
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience. Position receives excellent benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage. The school also offers group life insurance, employer-matched retirement, long-term disability insurance and commuter benefits for full time employees. Other fringe benefits include PTO, paid holidays, daily warm lunch and outstanding professional development.
To be considered for the position, please apply here with your resume, Letter of Intent and three references.
To learn more, visit www.lascuolasf.org
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training. If you feel you may have been discriminated against on the basis of sex or would like more information, please contact Dani Sollberger, Director of Administration, by email or 415-558-9006 or by mail at 728 20th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.