Human Resources Coordinator
- 3250 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Founded in 2002, La Scuola International School – the only Reggio Emilia inspired, International Baccalaureate (IB) and Italian language immersion school in the world – is serving the Bay Area with two San Francisco campuses (Preschool - Grade 8), and one new campus in Silicon Valley (Preschool - Grade 1). Our mission is to inspire brave learners to shape the future. Every day, it’s the students at La Scuola who ask provocative questions and lead their learning across languages, across cultures, and across subjects. To learn more, please visit us at www.lascuolasf.org.
We believe our community thrives through diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and realities. Only through a persistent drive to listen and learn from one another, create and promote equitable opportunities and to continue to reflect and evolve will we be able to establish systems which will address the needs of the one and the many.
The HR Coordinator partners with school leadership, administration and faculty to shape policies, practices and culture of the La Scuola community, forming a community where all members thrive. The HR Coordinator will play an important role to achieve strategic goals focused on culture, support and implementing and maintaining systems. This individual is a team player and can look at the big picture creatively while developing effective solutions for meeting the needs of school faculty and staff in innovative ways. The individual will establish programs to promote employee wellbeing, staff professional development training and coordinate the smooth functioning of the administrative team by ensuring consistent communication and compliance across all areas. The individual will recommend and help implement internal policies and procedures, and will work to ensure the mission and vision of La Scuola International School are reflected in all areas of campus culture and administration.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The People: New Hire Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding
- Works with COO to ensure a successful annual hiring cycle from new hire recruitment, outreach, candidate evaluation, and interviews and reference checks.
- Work with the hiring team to coordinate scheduling of interviews, send calendar invites, prepare and administer interview guides, virtual interview setup, etc
- Prospect and source candidates, including targeted outreach and pipeline management
- Develop, edit, update job descriptions for all employees in collaboration with COO.
- Manage the successful onboarding of a diverse and culturally proficient faculty and staff, including the special function of serving as a significant resource to the Human Resources staff of the school.
- Work with outside agencies to facilitate visa sponsorships and all required steps (primarily J-1 teaching visas); tracking documentation,etc.
- Develops and implements New Hire orientation and ongoing training in collaboration with PLT, COO and Leadership Team. Includes preparing and sharing materials, hosting and / or facilitating frequent meetings and developing a process to ensure new staff are supported throughout the year through appropriate Professional Development opportunities.
- Facilitates on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
- Responsible for coordination of all required documentation including background checks, I-9s, employment verifications, mandated training, immunizations, benefits enrollment, and employee updates. Regularly auditing employee information and systems to ensure compliance.
- Assists with ensuring all new hires are on-boarded for all internal platforms and have access for their first days of work.
- Liaison with insurance broker to facilitate questions on benefits from employees
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Community and Culture
- Implement culture and practices that results in increased employee retention
- Create opportunities and activities to foster community within the staff of the school.
- Owns front line employee support, connecting with employees and referring complex or sensitive matters to appropriate staff.
- Recommend changes in policies and procedures to school administration.
- Consult with administrators and employees to resolve personnel issues and strengthen retention.
- Other duties as assigned by and in collaboration with School Leadership.
Database & Systems Management
Using relevant systems to ensure employee and student records are maintained, updated annually and as needed
Policies & Procedures
- Promotes understanding of school policies and the Personnel Handbook within the organization and across the school operations.
- Maintain and update the parent / students handbook for the school and recommend changes on an annual basis.
- Ensure handbooks are shared with the community and answer any questions people have regarding compliance or policy comprehension.
WHAT YOU BRING
1-3 years of experience in a people-related role
True investment in creating an amazing experience for all of our employees.
Ability to work independently, identify efficiencies and streamline workflows.
Exceptional personal, organizational and communication skills, flexibility and the ability to prioritize tasks.
Ability to relate effectively with a diverse community, including staff, students, and parents. And, demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of community groups and organizations.
Integrity, discretion, the ability to maintain all information strictly confidential, and commitment to the mission of La Scuola
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
In addition, the final candidate will need to pass both Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance and a physical exam, and provide a recent copy of a negative TB test and other immunization records.
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Position may receive excellent benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage. The school also offers group life insurance, employer-matched retirement, long-term disability insurance and commuter benefits. Other fringe benefits include PTO, paid holidays, daily warm lunch and outstanding professional development.
To be considered for the position, please apply here with a letter of intent, a resume and a minimum of 3 references. More information about our school can be found here https://www.lascuolasf.org/.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training. If you feel you may have been discriminated against on the basis of sex or would like more information, please contact Dani Sollberger, Director of Administration, by email or 415-558-9006 or by mail at 728 20th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.