Middle School Spanish Teacher
- 3250 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
La Scuola International School is San Francisco's first IB-PYP School and the first Reggio - IB Italian Immersion program in the world! As a vibrant Preschool - Grade 8 international community with a focus on inquiry-based learning, creative expression and language immersion, we are seeking energetic, responsible and engaged individuals who are interested in facilitating a safe, fun, and collaborative environment with both children and co-instructors. In 2019 we entered into candidacy for the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (IB-MYP).
We believe our community thrives through diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and realities. Only through a persistent drive to listen and learn from one another, create and promote equitable opportunities and to continue to reflect and evolve will we be able to establish systems which will address the needs of the one and the many.
We seek an experienced Middle School Spanish Teacher for the 2020-21 Academic Year. The role will report to our Middle School Director.
Start Date: August 1, 2020
Teaching and Learning
• Plan and teach courses according to IB Primary and Middle Years Program guidelines.
• Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners, including English language learners and students with learning needs.
• Develop, enhance and document curriculum, while ensuring continued coordination and alignment within the IB Primary and Middle Years Program.
• Connect Spanish Language curricula to other subject areas in a broad multidisciplinary approach.
• Organize experiential learning as needed.
Leadership, Procedural and Administrative Duties
• Collect, Analyze, and Share annual student data with Pedagogical Leadership Team.
• Collaborate with Teachers in other grade levels on Spanish or other language inquiries.
• As needed, serve as a student advisor, provide scheduled supervision of students, participate in MS trips and field experiences, and engage in ongoing professional development.
Requirements of the role
• Five Years Teaching or associated experience
• Successful student leadership experience
• MA and Teaching Certificate
• Demonstrated contributions to a positive school environment
Preferred Experience and Qualities
• Commitment to inquiry-based teaching and previous experience with IB-PYP and IB-MYP
• Proven ability to work with other teachers and administration
• High level of technology skills
• Proven record of successful teaching
• Experience in program development and assessment
• Successful experience in international schools
• Knowledge of and experience working with data to improve student-learning outcomes
• Proof of commitment to involvement in school beyond the regular teaching day
• Proven experience of contributing to extra-curricular activities and school trips
• Creative and energetic
Desired Personal Characteristics
• Demonstrates educational leadership and is a role model to faculty and staff
• Demonstrates the ability to develop a collegial, collaborative and positive atmosphere among the faculty
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills
• Is a lifelong learner
• Is flexible and has a sense of humor
• Commitment to putting in additional hours as needed
• Interest in living and working in the San Francisco Bay Area
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. La Scuola may be able to offer a teachers exchange visa for teachers with a BA in elementary education/teaching credentials in their country of origin AND a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in the United States. In addition, the final candidate will need to pass Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance, a physical exam, and provide recent copy of a negative TB test/assessment and other immunization records.
Position receives full benefits, including medical and dental coverage. The school also offers group life insurance, long-term disability insurance and commuter benefits. Other fringe benefits include sick leave, PTO, paid holidays, vacation days, and warm lunch.
To be considered for the position, please apply with a letter of intent, your resume and a minimum of three references.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training.