K-4 Extended Care Teacher
- 735 Fell St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
La Scuola International School is a vibrant Pre-K - 8th Grade international community with a focus on inquiry-based learning, creative expression and language immersion.
Our goal is to empower every student to maximise his/her unique potential within a friendly, supportive, and inspiring environment. Through innovative education of the highest standard, the school will nurture lifelong learners prepared for the challenges of a changing world.
We are seeking an Extended Care Teacher for our Elementary School Campus for the 2019-20 Academic Year.
Start Date: Immediately. The position hours are Monday through Friday from 2:30-6:00pm, with a 1:30pm start-time on Wednesdays only.
- Leading and participating in games and activities
- Monitoring behavior both in a classroom and outside
- Planning and implementing special activities
- Responding to incidents and emergency situations quickly and calmly
- Enforcing school policies and safety regulations
- Enthusiastic, child-oriented, and creative individuals with a desire to work in a bilingual environment
- Problem solving, creativity, multitasking skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records
- Italian language proficiency preferred but not a requirement
- Previous experience working with children required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in United States. In addition, the final candidate will need to pass Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance, a physical exam, and provide recent copy of a negative TB test and other immunization records.
Pay will depend on qualifications and experience.
To be considered for the position, please apply here with a cover letter, resume and a minimum of three references. To learn more about us, visit www.lascuolasf.org Grazie!
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training.