Sales Assistant - Toronto
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Provide administrative assistance and competitive feedback to the General Manager and general support to head office and field team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support General Manager in administrative aspects of role including: acting as point of contact for internal and external matters, running key ad hoc reports, maintaining calendar and key contact lists, taking minutes where necessary, filing updates and reporting them to the General Manager’s office (back up hard drive weekly), and work on expenses and travel management.
· Respond to retailer requests to ensure “best in class” reputation and assist National Accounts and Marketing Manager when required.
· Conduct market research as defined and monitor key competitive set with emphasis on other competitor brands, e.g., YSL, and give feedback on competitive breakthrough strategies.
· Carry out, in conjunction with PR and Digital Coordinator, continuous research into digital and technological advances and activity inside and outside the industry. Produce monthly summary. Be part of digital angel team in business.
· Track/monitor brands’ products and prices in secondary market in specified retailers in Toronto and online, initiate Account Executive purchase across Canada (May and November).
· Monitor shipping process for all products to cross border from US into Canada, ensuring that process is followed.
· Create presentations for retailer and sales meetings
· Be the point of contact for general enquiries from the sales force.
· Run monthly recognition mailings and other motivational communication for Givenchy Geared for Growth Program and other brands.
· Carry out telesales and service support on designated Shoppers accounts, e.g. sending out packages, testers, etc.
· Create and maintain store site location database.
· Manage Sephora testers, keeping stock and budget control in place. Support office and Director of Sales Development on key mailings and allocations to sales force.
· Manage and monitor information requests from GM to field and keep records of holiday, sickness, and other defined processes for company.
· File invoices and assist on financial process.
· Manage the customer complaint process.
· Be the key contact for IT hardware ordering.
· Organize and run stockroom, ensuring that stock records are kept and stock turn occurs.
· Organize retailer, training, and other meetings.
· Organize and implement defined mail outs to retailers and handle responses.
· Act as key contact to retailers calling in with inquiries on sales-related issues on all brands and solve issues arising, e.g., Shoppers orders, tester orders (or inform relevant department), etc.
· Interact with France, New Jersey, and New York teams as necessary and act as administrative support for head office and field team with particular focus on central Toronto accounts.
· Manage key office processes, e.g. key mailings, couriers, payroll and new hire letters distribution, stationery, and grocery order.
· Assist in office maintenance, e.g., ensure that all equipment, photocopier, telephones, printers, projectors, are in good working order, liaise with Oxford properties, etc.
· Manage conference room and ensure that it remains in presentation mode.
· Learn key systems and files of company to enable key data and creative to be extracted and assist with key process input, e.g. UPC/ product codes, creatives for presentations, line set up, etc.
· Assist and manage other projects as defined (e.g., PR mail outs) and enable added value projects to be carried out
· Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
· 2+ years of experience in sales in a similar or related industry
· Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) to create sales and marketing documents on PowerPoint for presentations
· Able to type 30wpm; shorthand or audio typing useful not essential
· Excellent administration skills
· Able to multitask, work to tight deadlines accurately
· Excellent communicator, strong team player, good organizer, strong attention to detail
· Able to work on own initiative but as part of small team
· Fluency or working knowledge of French is preferred
Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.