Analyste-programmeur COBOL / Programmer Analyst (COBOL)
With 40 years of expertise, LGI Healthcare Solutions develops technological software for the healthcare network. We specialize in providing solutions for clinical, financial and material management, performance and analysis, and workforce management, which includes payroll management. Innovation is at the heart of our activities and we partner with our customers to solve crucial issues and ensure the well-being of patients and all members of the health sector. Today, our solutions support 320,000 healthcare professionals and over 6 million patients.
At LGI Healthcare Solutions, we value diversity and equal access to employment for all. Should you require specific assistance during the recruitment and integration process, don’t hesitate to let us know. It will be our pleasure to accommodate you while respecting the confidentiality of your personal information.
Are you looking to advance your career by joining a team of bright, bold professionals who are committed to improving patient care?
Dare to take the leap and realize your full potential with us in an inspiring and dynamic environment that values flexibility, teamwork, learning, and excellence.
What will your days be like at LGI Healthcare Solutions?
Our team's mandate is to develop a human capital management solution, Espresso HR\PAYROLL, dedicated to the Quebec healthcare network. As a COBOL analyst-programmer, you will contribute to the maintenance and evolution of this solution.
How will your contributions be showcased?
- Carry out functional analyses and evaluations based on identified business needs.
- Carry out design, development, and unit testing in accordance with current standards.
- Act as a second-level resource for operations and production support.
Work in collaboration with our Agile team.
- Demonstrate leadership in the continuous improvement of our operating procedures, solutions, and inter-departmental coordination.
- Support the documentation department in the revision of guides.
- Support systems implementation activities in collaboration with customer service consultants.
- Comply with current methods, standards, procedures, and policies.
What you will bring to LGI Healthcare Solutions to succeed in the role:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in COBOL programming;
- Experience with COBOL and JCL on mainframe;
- Experience with TSO/ISPF;
- Knowledge of VBA, REXX, CICS, Pack office, VSAM files, FILE MANAGER, UCC11, Librarian, an asset;
- Knowledge of payroll, a major asset;
- Knowledge of human resources management, an asset;
- Knowledge of the Quebec healthcare sector, an asset;
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence tools, an asset;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, an asset;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work in a team and maintain excellent interpersonal relations;
- Autonomous, curious, resourceful, and a good learner;
- Good communication skills and ability to synthesize information clearly and concisely;
- Highly adaptable;
- Ability to work under pressure at short notice.
Here are the many benefits to ensure your personal and professional well-being as well as financial health:
- Remote, in-office, or hybrid work, with the option of flexible hours to promote balance and performance
- Group insurance plan and group RRSP with employer participation in effect from day one
- Minimum of 3 weeks vacation + 5 days personal leave per year
- Access to a telemedicine service and a complete assistance program for all employees and their family
- Financial contribution to your training and professional development
- More than 40 years of expertise in the health IT field opens the door to many career opportunities
- Projects integrating Agile methodology
- Employee discount program
- An organizational culture rooted in the values of courage, determination, excellence, and collaboration around which we come together to develop technology solutions for the healthcare field.
If you are interested in this position, we would be very happy to tell you more about the role, the team, and life at LGI Healthcare Solutions.