Technicien(ne) comptable / Accounting Technician
With 40 years of expertise, LGI Healthcare Solutions develops technological software for the healthcare network. We specialize in providing solutions for clinical, financial and material management, performance and analysis, and workforce management, which includes payroll management. Innovation is at the heart of our activities and we partner with our customers to solve crucial issues and ensure the well-being of patients and all members of the health sector. Today, our solutions support 320,000 healthcare professionals and over 6 million patients.
At LGI Healthcare Solutions, we value diversity and equal access to employment for all. Should you require specific assistance during the recruitment and integration process, don’t hesitate to let us know. It will be our pleasure to accommodate you while respecting the confidentiality of your personal information.
Are you looking to advance your career by joining a team of passionate and motivated professionals who bring their talents to the healthcare system?
Dare to take the leap and realize your full potential with us in an inspiring and dynamic environment that values flexibility, teamwork, learning, and excellence.
What will your days be like at LGI Healthcare Solutions?
Reporting to the Controller, you will play an active role in the bookkeeping of one of our subsidiaries and the group's month-end process. You will be responsible for the accounting of the following main accounts: payroll, cash, fixed assets, and deferred income. You will also participate in the monthly invoicing process and provide operational support to our US subsidiary. You will also play a key role in the preparation of financial and operational results.
How will your contributions be showcased?
Accounting activities (approximately 60% of the time)
- Carry out the full accounting cycle (bookkeeping), including closing entries and reconciling the various accounting records:
- Bank transactions and monthly bank reconciliations;
- Prepaid expense schedules;
- Schedules of tangible and intangible fixed assets;
- Prepaid revenue schedules;
- Produce sales tax rebates
- Validate system-calculated amounts, identifying inconsistencies and proceeding to payment within prescribed deadlines;
- Properly account for payroll and payroll deductions
- Prepare payroll-related journal entries in the accounting system by compiling and analyzing payroll data from the payroll processing system;
- Perform all other journal entries related to financial accounting;
- Participate in accounting process improvements;
- Participate in the annual financial audit.
Billing and operational support (approx. 40% of the time)
- Carry out monthly invoicing and renewals:
- Prepare and send invoices to customers according to contracts;
- Carry out renewals and adjustments to customer contracts;
- Operations support:
- Creation of customer projects according to service offer;
- Update customer inventory;
- Answer customers' billing questions;
- Maintain and update customer accounts;
- Collection support.
What you will bring to LGI Healthcare Solutions to succeed in the role:
- AEC or DEC in accounting and management (or equivalent);
- Eight (8) years of experience in a similar position;
- Mastery of accounting cycles;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel;
- Demonstrate rigor and good organizational skills;
- Demonstrate autonomy;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn and take initiative;
- Team spirit and ability to handle pressure;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great plains (asset);
- Knowledge of SalesForces and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (asset);
- This position must be bilingual as the candidate will be responsible for working with documentation in both French and English and communicating, orally and in writing, with both French-speaking and English-speaking partners/clients/suppliers/colleagues.
Here are the many benefits to ensure your personal and professional well-being as well as financial health:
- Remote, in-office, or hybrid work, with the option of flexible hours to promote balance and performance
- Group insurance plan and group RRSP with employer participation in effect from day one
- Minimum of 3 weeks vacation + 5 days personal leave per year
- Access to a telemedicine service and a complete assistance program for all employees and their family
- Financial contribution to your training and professional development
- More than 40 years of expertise in the health IT field opens the door to many career opportunities
- Projects integrating Agile methodology
- Employee discount program
- An organizational culture rooted in the values of courage, determination, excellence, and collaboration around which we come together to develop technology solutions for the healthcare field.
If you are interested in this position, we would be very happy to tell you more about the role, the team, and life at LGI Healthcare Solutions.