- Department: Supply Chain
LGC Clinical Diagnostics, part of the LGC Group, has more than 30 years of experience as a leading and trusted global IVD quality manufacturer, with particular expertise in quality measurement tools (QMT) and reagents. Focused on five key areas – clinical biochemistry and immunoassay, serology, molecular diagnostics, clinical genomics, and reagents – it has around 450 employees across its four FDA-registered and ISO 13485-certified facilities in the USA and Ireland, and an ISO 9001-certified facility in England.
LGC Clinical Diagnostics partners with IVD and biopharmaceutical developers, CROs and academic institutions covering the entire diagnostic pipeline, from concept and early-stage research to accelerated product development and, ultimately, routine clinical use. It develops and manufactures a comprehensive portfolio of premium catalogue and custom-developed diagnostic quality solutions and component materials for the IVD and extended life sciences industry through its four brands, Maine Standards Company, SeraCare, The Native Antigen Company and Technopath Clinical Diagnostics. Together, they serve 7,500+ customers in over 120 countries, providing products for more than 20 clinical application areas, including infectious diseases, NIPT, diabetes, cardiac disease and oncology.
The Production Planner will support inventory management, master data, and product order processing for assigned product lines. This will include finished goods, intermediates, and manufactured components.in accordance with division supply chain optimization and management objectives. Products will fall under the realm of off the shelf inventory and custom builds. Timely and accurate execution of duties in conjunction with maintaining a high level of accurate data in the ERP system and proactive communication with key stakeholders is critical. This position may interact with multiple levels of the organization. Effective collaboration with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Customer Service, Distribution, Purchasing, R&D, and Quality Control is critical to success.
- Review MRP data to initiate production orders.
- Review BOMs, Recipes, and Testing requirements to ensure costing and time phased planning parameters are accurate. Update as required.
- Utilizing data, collaborate with appropriate groups (i.e. Mfg, Product Mgt) to determine optimal batch size.
- Monitor inventory for expiry risk. Recommend disposition of slow moving inventory.
- Analyze production cost data, collaborate with specific groups to implement savings opportunities.
- Monitor critical components. Engage purchasing as necessary.
- Ensure process orders are fully reflective of costs and materials consumed.
- Communicate schedules and changes to schedules to appropriate groups. Update ERP and Kan Board accordingly. Elevate issues to upper management as appropriate.
- Create/Update Material Master records in the ERP system in accordance with establish procedures.
- Responsibility for key metrics and leading performance improvement activities as assigned.
- Data entry and maintenance in the ERP system ensuring high levels of accuracy.
- Maintain production schedule tools ensuring data is current and easily communicated.
- Interact with Stakeholders on a daily basis to resolve transactional issues, delivery changes.
- Track key orders for report out at SIOP.
- Elevate issues to supervisor as appropriate.
- Become SME in all production/planning aspects of ERP system.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably cGMP preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, especially planning functionality (MRP, BOMs and Recipes, Order Scheduling). SAP preferred.
- Experience pulling data and reports from ERP system.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Adapt easily to changing conditions, requirements, and environment
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, written, oral, and report based.
- Strong working knowledge of excel to facilitate data analysis.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- 3-10 years background in planning or supply chain or equivalent experience
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Experience in an ISO, FDA, cGMP regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with Tableau or other data mining tools is helpful.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.