Manufacturing Chemist I
- Department: Production and Skilled Trades
ABOUT LGC CLINICAL DIAGNOSTICS:
LGC Clinical Diagnostics develops and manufactures a comprehensive portfolio of catalogue and custom-developed diagnostic quality solutions and component materials for the extended life sciences industry. We partner with IVD assay developers, pharmaceutical, CRO and academic institutions in commercialization activities across the entire diagnostic pipeline. Laboratorians and diagnostic professionals across disciplines of clinical chemistry, immunochemistry, serology, molecular diagnostics, and clinical genomics rely on LGC’s products to support accurate and reliable diagnostic results.
Our operating entities include Maine Standards Company, SeraCare Life Sciences, and Technopath Clinical Diagnostics, which are in vitro diagnostics (IVD) manufacturers of quality measurement tools (calibrators, controls, linearity, EQA/PT, biological materials), the Native Antigen Company, which is a manufacturer and supplier of viral antigens and LGC Proficiency Testing a global leader in PT schemes. We operate FDA-registered and ISO 13485-accredited facilities in Maine (USA), Massachusetts (USA), Maryland (USA), Tipperary (Ireland), ISO 9001-accredited facility in Oxford, UK, and Traverse City, Michigan US.
Each day, our world-class staff, scientific expertise, operational efficiency, and superior quality systems are ready to support the range of advanced technologies that collectively improve patient outcomes - from the widely adopted and established through to cutting-edge NGS and precision diagnostics.
The Manufacturing Chemist I fulfills the essential role of preparing reagents, buffers, stocks, and other solutions using established procedures within the operations laboratory. They will use general laboratory equipment and techniques to perform these tasks under both direct and indirect supervision. They are expected to perform routine analysis and interpretation of test results against established acceptance criteria with limited judgment.
- Preparation of product and pilot reagents, buffers, and other solutions according to written procedures and protocols.
- Maintenance of accurate records of work performed according to GLP, cGMP, and QSR requirements.
- Perform testing of incoming raw materials.
- Perform stability and validation studies.
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Experience, and Technical Skills
- General biological and chemical laboratory techniques required.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and reasoning skills.
- A self-motivated drive and ability to effectively work with others across the entire business.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency with various traditional office productivity applications.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree in life science field or other related science or medical curriculum
- This is a junior level position, no formal experience is required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May require prolonged sitting and working at a computer monitor. Repetitive motion using a keyboard or certain laboratory equipment for long periods of time. May occasionally be required to lift and move material weighing up to 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Agreeable work environment typical of an open office setting with some exposure to noise from office machines.
- Most work is performed with biological or chemical hazardous materials in a laboratory environment.
LGC is a leading, global life science tools company, providing mission-critical components and solutions into high-growth application areas across the human healthcare and applied market segments. Its high-quality product portfolio is comprised of mission-critical tools for genomic analysis and for quality assurance applications, which are typically embedded and recurring within our customers’ products and workflows and are valued for their performance, quality, and range.
LGC strongly believes that every job applicant and employee should be valued for their individual talents regardless of age, disability, race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Short listing, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or trade union membership.
For more information about LGC, please visit our website www.lgcgroup.com