Product Owner (w/m/d) (on-site oder remote)
- Hamburg, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
At Kubermatic, we believe that businesses should focus on their core purpose: writing groundbreaking applications, not operations. In line with our commitment to make Kubernetes as easy as possible, we help IT teams worldwide to fully automate their Kubernetes and cloud-native operations across multi-cloud, edge, and on-prem.
As one of the top 5 corporate contributors to the Kubernetes Project, we develop enterprise-grade software solutions and provide professional services and support to safely navigate and accelerate your cloud-native transformation. Our open-source Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform makes it easy to operate thousands of Kubernetes clusters on any infrastructure.
If you are looking for a neatly structured environment, we are just not a good match. But if you are thrilled by the prospect of joining a technology start-up with a lot of room for your own ideas and personal growth, we definitely should at least have a chat.
We are looking for a tech-savvy Product Manager who will be responsible for our open source products, working with a distributed and international team. In close cooperation with engineering, professional services and sales, you will develop a roadmap and product backlog that makes Kubermatic and its solutions stand out in the cloud native ecosystem. As we keep growing, you will empower the development teams with the necessary user stories and issues.
What you will be doing:
- Project Manager: You prioritise the backlog, coordinate between development teams and make sure that the products are constantly evolving
- Product Designer: You determine requirements and create product concepts together with our design and engineering team
- Open Source Community work: Track projects, evaluate them for integration and cooperation
- Customer Liaison: You work in close collaboration with the sales and consulting teams to get first-hand customer feedback
- Business Strategist: You shape, drive and execute the product strategy for your products in close collaboration with your team and the founders
- Market Analyst: You validate your concepts through prototyping and user feedback. You use data to measure your technical and business success. You know your industry and are aware of the latest technologies
What you bring to the table
- Proven success and experience in software product management in best case related to infrastructure, cloud, DevOps and IT operations
- Technical experience with container technologies, Kubernetes and distributed applications
- Experience with GTM campaigns in close alignment with product management, engineering, professional service and sales
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (mother tongue or comparable skill level)
- Bonus points: Experience engaging with customers in a B2B setting
What you get in return
- A lot of room for your ideas and initiatives and the chance to quickly assume responsibility
- Agile development practices, cutting edge technologies (Kubernetes, Go and Prometheus) and an up-to-date stack
- As a remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours and work from home as default, not on request
- A dynamic and still laid-back team (yes, you can combine that) with flat hierarchies, distributed over more than 13 countries
- Regular company events like hackathons, summer parties, afterworks, barbecues….