LVN Charge Nurse - PRN (Casual / On-Call)
- 1700 E Stone St, Brenham, TX 77833, USA
Now hiring PRN (On-call / Casual) LVN Positions!
- Great scheduling flexibility
- Day or Night shifts available
Come join the Kruse Village family!
About Us: Kruse Village's goal is to provide a home-like setting in which to care for our residents. We strive to help our residents achieve a full, complete life – spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. As a Kruse Village employee, your role is very important because it is your care and dedication coupled with ours that will enable Kruse to achieve our mutual goal of care of the total person. Together we make a family.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse you will be responsible for leading and directing the care provided by caregivers and medication technicians on your shift. You will also monitor the daily care of all the residents. Reporting to our Health Services Director this candidate is responsible for communicating with residents, families and physicians regarding the delivery of care for our residents. You will be responsible for maintaining orderly medication cart, medication room, and accurate medication administration records (sets up, dispenses, and documents all resident medications).
- Makes Caregiver shift assignments and ensures that assigned duties are completed in a satisfactory manner
- Monitors performance of caregivers for compliance with established policies and procedures, and to ensure quality resident care
- Reports Caregiver performance issues to HSD or Administrator and provides input for Caregiver performance evaluations
- Manages shift coverage when staff members call in sick for the oncoming shift
- Participates in Caregiver orientation and training
- Responsible for scheduling and other staffing duties, as requested
- Conducts building tours when requested
- Acts as Manager on Duty for assigned shift in absence of Administrator or HSD
- Deals appropriately with family member and visitor concerns or complaints, documenting the issues and actions taken through appropriate reporting mechanism
- Manages minor physical plant issues that arise during assigned shift, reporting as necessary to Maintenance Director and Administrator
- Current state LPN/LVN or RN License, in good standing on the state nurse registry (required)
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a healthcare setting (preferred)
- Previous supervisory experience (preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.