Manager, Area Nurse - RN Infusion
- 19110 Van Ness Ave, Torrance, CA 90501, USA
Kroger Specialty Pharmacy is a Clinical Pharmacy. Our programs optimize patient outcomes by blending a high-touch, caring patient experience with specialized clinical knowledge, personalized care programs, and administrative expertise.
Performs functions to manager nursing team providing intravenous immunoglobulin therapy (IgG) to patients within a specific geographical territory. Makes decisions based on precedent and working within the limits of established policy.
The role of the Manager, Area Nurse will encompass but will not be limited to the following activities:
- Manage nursing team providing Ig therapy to patients in assigned geographic territory.
- Interview, select, recommend hire, train and assign nursing team. Ensure that each nursing team member possess current, unencumbered license in the jurisdiction of assignment.
- Provide technical guidance, continuing education, coaching, and mentoring to nursing team. Develop and communicate performance metrics and assess performance, fostering harmonious team member relationships.
- Establish and coordinate nursing schedules with Pharmacy nurse schedulers to provide safe, cost effective patient coverage and equitable, efficient distribution of assignments.
- Build and cultivate enduring business relationships with contract nursing agencies.
- Communicate and collaborate with regional Account Managers on the progree of referred clients receiving therapy.
- Validate annual nursing skill, IgG knowledge, IV therapy and lab draw skills; encourage Ig Certification or at least Ig specific education to be current with all treatment modalities.
- Attend departmental conference calls, trainings and team meetings.
- Periodically accompany other Account Managers on calls to demonstrate the value of the company’s IgG therapy nursing services.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Interview, select, hire, train and assign associates. Develop and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of associates. Evaluate performance and provide direction, mentoring, coaching and necessary up-training to associates.
- Communicate regularly to associates to inform, recognize and motivate. Support development and implementation of department policies and procedures as needed; ensure associates understand and meet all requirements.
- Highly effective communicator with impeccable command of English as demonstrated in speech, written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all methods of IgG therapy as evidenced by working history, Ig Certification or intent to certify within one year of hire.
- Clearly demonstrated knowledge of state nursing requirements and regulations for home infusion in each state within respective territory.
- Proven ability to quickly and accurately understand clinical data.
- Proven team management skills.
- Proficiency in the utilization of computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CPR+.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Register Nurse with current, unencumbered license in each state of the territory covered, either by compact licensure or endorsement if territory is not the state of residence.
- Some jurisdictions where this role is performed may require that associates have their compact RN license or are eligible to obtain their compact RN license.
- 5 years of Ig therapy administration experience.
- Current IgCN status or certification obtained within first year of employment.
- CPR Certification.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.