Nurse / RN Specialist
- 6435 Hazeltine National Dr, Orlando, FL 32822, USA
Kroger Specialty Pharmacy is a Clinical Pharmacy. Our programs optimize patient outcomes by blending a high-touch, caring patient experience with specialized clinical knowledge, personalized care programs, and administrative expertise.
Perform duties to provide education and support to patients on service with the pharmacy, in areas related to specific disease and medication management, clinical support options available, and follow up, guided by defined educational modules and working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Respond to patient inquiries regarding diseases for which the pharmacy is providing medication. Provide education and support regarding disease process, medication mechanism of action, medication dose, frequency and storage, side effect management, emergency procedures, and information regarding clinical program support options.
- Provide clinical support to patients related to medications not included in the disease program linking them to the pharmacy.
- Document interactions and encounters with patients to maintain accurate records and for use in follow up activities.
- Follow up with patients, prescribers, internal associates and others to provide or obtain information as appropriate based on information provided in consultation with patients.
- Assist Operations/Clinical Department associates with clinical support for prior authorization, billing or other administrative functions, during periods of high volume, to maintain work flow and meet customer service imperatives.
- Provide support as on-call clinician as required.
- Some jurisdictions may require travel to attend therapy specific events to support the business needs.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of specific disease process and related medications, their mechanisms of action and specific management issues.
- Strong communication skills; listening, writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of and skilled usage of Microsoft Office software and Internet research tools.
- Knowledge of and skilled usage of pharmacy systems or similar software tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory requirements and organizational policies relating to patient information and consultation services.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Active RN license in good standing status within respective employed state.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in nursing required.
- Experience in patient education and/or specialty pharmacy environment preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.