Senior Data Scientist
- Bellandur Junction, Bellandur Main Rd, Bellandur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560103, India
- Employees can work remotely
Established in 2015, KredX is India's leading Integrated Cash Flow Solutions led by a team of bankers, techies, and data czars from IIT Kanpur and Stanford University. With a pan India presence and over 130 employees across India, KredX is a Series B funded company backed by some of the biggest VCs including Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, and Prime Venture Partners.
As a pioneer in the fintech space, the company has gradually evolved from an Invoice Discounting Platform for working capital requirements to solving bigger problems for the business ecosystem through a tech-powered product suite offering growth capital and early payment solutions while fostering a thriving community of investors and partners.
Join us on our journey as we continue to transform and revolutionise the fintech industry.
You are a passionate Data Scientist who wants to drive business results with your data-based insights. You have a strong data science background and understands the use of a variety of data mining and data analysis methods to build and implement models, algorithms, and simulations. From day one, you must be able to hit the ground running and bring all your experience to the team to ensure our business stays ahead of the industry. Most importantly, you have a positive “can do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming, data modelling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions, and making valuable discoveries.
· Identify/develop appropriate machine learning/data mining/text mining techniques to enable better business outcomes.
· Understand and analyze data sources including sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage.
· Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners.
· Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale projects.
· Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity.
· Document projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
· Validate score performance.
· Document and present model process and performance.
What will you need?
· Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math, or other quantitative fields.
· 6+ years of working experience in analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modeling, and data interpretation.
· Proven track record in modifying and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems.
· Deep understanding of algorithms, machine learning and data science.
· Confident interacting with business peers to understand and identify use case, with a strong ability to articulate solutions and present them to business partners.
· Strong coding skills in one of the following: Python, R, or PySpark.
· Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL or related technologies.
· Knowledge of NLP/Text mining techniques and related open source tools.
· Outstanding collaboration and communication skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with distributed team.
· Understand and practice agile development methodology.
· Prior experience working in a security software product company.
Nice to Have:
· Understanding of DevOps, microservices architecture and container/Docker technologies.
· Hands-on experience implementing machine learning and security intelligence solutions.
Why us? :
- While we offer competitive cash compensation along with ESOPs to participate in our long-term growth, the real upside is simply the challenge ahead and the awesome, friendly team by your side. And an opportunity to learn and grow at a breakneck speed as we redefine the contours of finance for SMEs in India.