Document Preservation Specialist- Temp Assignment
At Kofile, we believe that government has infinite potential to do good and that all information residing within local governments should be preserved, digitized, and made available to all their employees and citizens. We partner with government agencies nationwide to help them meet their citizens’ needs by preserving the integrity and content of paper documents to ensure they will be available for use forever and modernizing information management through digitization and access systems.
Document Preservation Processor Specialist - We do train for this role!
Kofile is the industries leader in the field of preservation of Municipal Records and Government Services.
We partner with government agencies nationwide to help them meet their citizens’ needs by preserving the integrity and content of paper documents to ensure they will be available for use forever and modernizing information management through digitization and access systems.
If you are looking for a rewarding and fulfilling career in the field of preservation, look no further.
Document Preservation Processor responsibilities:
- Dis-binds and identifies volumes, properly annotating the arrival order and condition
- Applies deacidification solution to neutralize the acidity in documents
- Various applications of preserving books and documents
- Various applications of preserving maps and plot plans in addition to logging maps on a computer, generating labels and cross indexes, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
We are looking for a candidate that obtains these qualities, and would thrive in the following:
- A quiet environment
- A team atmosphere
- A detailed oriented person
- Continued focus with repetitive processes
- Cares about preserving our history
- Comprehends instructional information well
- Can lift 25-30 pounds with no limitations
- Stand or sit for longer periods of time
- Familiar with computers and knowledge with Excel is helpful.
As a full-time employee, you will receive access to the following benefits
- Leadership and career development opportunities
- Low cost insurance (medical, dental, vision, life & disability)
- 401(k) plan (company matching)
- Paid holidays
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Educational assistance
- Business casual environment