Technical Writer (Part-time)
- 180 John St, Toronto, ON M5T 1X5, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Who we are
Knockri is on a mission to diminish unconscious bias in hiring with our behavioural skills assessment. Using Machine Learning, we evaluate the transcripts of structured behavioural interviews to identify and classify relevant behaviours that predict non-technical skills and job performance. We work with Fortune 500s including Shopify and IBM to adapt our system around their brand, business competencies, and job requirements. Our assessment helps shortlist job candidates at the top of the hiring funnel, providing fairness and equality across all applicants, and dramatically improving hiring efficiency while eliminating the human bias in employee selection.
Who we need
We’re looking for a Technical Writer (Part-time), who has experience in the HR or Tech industry and is excited to make a difference, drive results, and translate complex product information into simple, polished and engaging content. As a Technical Writer you’ll be responsible for developing comprehensive documentation that meets the needs of our target audience(s) and develop guidelines for maximum content usability with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
You will work closely with our product manager, developers, tech lead, designer and test engineer to craft and refine technical documentation such as product manuals, how-to guides, website content, journal articles and concise tooltips & UI text. The work that you do will empower Fortune 1000 companies to utilize Knockri’s tool and make the hiring process more ethical and equitable for thousands of candidates worldwide!
- Gain familiarity with Knockri’s digital products to create user guides and various other informative writing materials
- Ability to translate technical concepts regarding our behavioural assessment, and the use of AI and I/O Psychology into easily understandable information
- Deliver high-quality technical content within a fast-paced release schedule
- Work with our product manager and UX/UI designer to manage the documentation process, including researching, creating, editing, versioning, proofreading, and publishing new and existing customer-facing documentation with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Work independently and with internal teams to gain in-depth knowledge of the product
- Opportunity to expand working with the digital marketing manager on content writing
What you bring
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to learn complex topics quickly and apply those concepts to easy-to-follow instructions and content
- Creative skills and usage of drawings, diagrams, multi-media and charts that increase understanding
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work 100% remotely
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with writing and editing content for different types of users - End Users, Administrators, Developers
- Demonstrate a clear process for developing written documentation
You might also have
- Knowledge of programming concepts
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle in an agile development environment
- A passion for content writing
Please submit a resume, and writing samples or a link to your portfolio to be considered.
- Contract length: 4 months
- Job types: (Part-time) 25 hours per week, temporary, contract
- COVID-19 considerations: The team is currently operating remotely due to COVID-19.
At Knockri, we are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and does not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable employment accommodations as per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. We will also look to provide reasonable accommodations as required for applicants to participate in the application and interview processes. Please let us know if you require any accommodation(s) by contacting us at [email protected]