HIM Specialist - Full Time
- 603 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics and services provided include family medicine, internal medicine, a geriatric nurse practitioner program, home health and hospice, physical therapy, orthopedics, general surgery, pediatrics, women’s health, and urgent care.
Kittitas Valley Healthcare expects all employees to uphold our Vision & Mission. The KVH Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles can be found at http://www.kvhealthcare.org/mission-and-vision.
Under the direction of the department director, the Health Information Specialist is primarily responsible for gathering information from all relevant sources to perform the document capture process in the creation and maintenance of the medical record in the electronic environment. This position will be responsible for the chart analysis function, reviewing the record for accuracy and completeness. The function of reconciling and paper chart destruction is included in this position. The Health Information Specialist is responsible for the processing and distribution of all outsourced transcription, for completing the follow-up, data entry, and filing of birth certificates, and for release of information. The Health Information Specialist will provide office support to all other positions in the HIM Department.
What is required...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Additional training/education in a healthcare discipline
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a healthcare setting
- Proficiency with computer systems and programs, including all Microsoft Office programs
What is preferred...
- Prior experience in a health information management department with an electronic health record
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course
Wage: Wage range starts at $15.34/hour. Actual wage will be based on years' of applicable experience.
FTE: 1.0 = 40 hours/week
Benefits: This position is benefits eligible
Union Status: This is a non-union position