Product Support Engineer - 2002
- 35 Iron Point Cir, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
- Department: Engineering
No relocation assistance provided
KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) is the US-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
As a Product Support Engineer (PSE), your primary role is to provide worldwide support for our data center SSD products on behalf of our product development engineering teams. During the product development phase, you will provide support within KIOXIA to assure all customer specifications are communicated and understood by the engineering teams. In this role, you will manage specification gap analysis, design review development and delivery, and the qualification of the product. This includes working with the customer on prioritizing and resolving complex technical and program related issues. You will be a stakeholder in the decision making process with an emphasis on product quality and customer deliverables. The role requires considerable focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders and with the customer.
- Perform product gap analysis on customer specifications and product requirements
- Drive and manage change requests into the product development teams
- Develop and deliver product Design Reviews to the customer
- Manage action items and drive issues to resolution in a timely manner
- Develop customer qualification strategies and execution plans
- Perform required lab work for joint qualification as needed
- Train CTS team on product details and failure analysis tools to enable 1st level customer support
- Write change requests and failure analysis reports as needed
- Write product/feature/use-case technical white papers as needed
- BS degree in computer engineering or equivalent field with minimum 15 years of experience in a technical related field or MS degree in computer engineering or equivalent field with minimum 10 years of experience in a technical related field.
- Proven customer engagement and product support experience
- Experience in interacting with key stakeholders of a product development organization and deploying strategies to manage and/or improve the customer experience
- Data center/server storage knowledge and experience
- Troubleshooting skills to include run/break/fix capabilities, failure analysis and debug
- Advanced understanding of computer system architecture fundamentals
- General understanding of NVM Express specification, including knowledge of relevant protocol/debug tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Able to travel when/where needed – both domestic and international
Req# 2002; #LI-JV1
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.