Staff Validation Engineer - 1878
- 35 Iron Point Cir, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
- Department: Engineering
No relocation assistance provided
KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) is the US-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
KIOXIA America Inc., formerly Toshiba Memory America Inc., is looking for a Senior Validation Engineer in our Folsom Storage Design Center. The ideal candidate will work as a member of a Validation Test Development team on SSD related projects. The work environment is project and team based and involves validating leading edge storage technologies and products. You will also work closely with SSD Development teams and business units, coordinating and developing validation tests required to deliver high quality products to Data Center customers.
This role reports to the Director, SSDD BU.
- Using a combination of internal and external test suites, prove that the SSD product meets functional and performance metrics as well as prove that the product is of high quality and will be reliable across its life span.
- Define, develop and execute individual validation tests that ensure our SSD products meet both internal product specifications as well as meets customer expectations.
- Develop and execute regression tests suites using standardized test platforms and software, as well as internally developed tools and automation systems.
- Debug problems encountered in firmware testing, automation and test process. File issues in tracking database to ensure full root cause and closure.
- Evaluate test coverage and effectiveness for finding product bugs, modify existing tests or create new tests as needed.
- 7+ years of experience in Firmware, Software or Systems validation process
- Scripting and test development expertise, preferred experience with Python and C
- Advanced understanding of computer system, caching and storage architecture
- Solid understanding of Non-Volatile Memory technologies
- Strong understanding of PCIE and SATA storage devices, protocols and relevant debug tools (protocol analyzers, scopes, logic analyzers)
- Experience with automation and regression processes for large volume testing
- Expertise with data manipulation/analysis using spreadsheets or more advanced tools
- Experience developing and debugging code in the Windows* or Linux* environments
- Experience with test case and debug management tools (e.g. Jira*)
- Broad experience in storage related technologies is a plus
- Experienced and comfortable working in a multi-site, multi-cultural collaborative environment
- Bachelors or Masters in EE/CE/CS or Equivalent Experience
Req# 1878; #LI-JV1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected