Principal Firmware Engineer - 1823
- 2610 Orchard Pkwy, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
- Department: Engineering
No relocation assistance provided
KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) is the US-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
KIOXIA America Inc., formerly Toshiba America Inc., is looking for a Principal Firmware Engineer in San Jose, CA. As a Principal Engineer for KIOXIA America, Inc., you will be responsible for providing the technical capability in the creation of Firmware for use in SSD products and designing, generating, compiling and testing firmware. This firmware activity can be at any point within the product development life cycle and can range from additional features and customizations to new product features and product firmware based ideas.
You will also be responsible for providing technical support to implement the development and quality assurance processes necessary to insure the firmware consistently provides the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability, performance, and supportability to insure the products meet or exceed their design and customer targets.
- Develop and modify existing firmware subsystems for SSD products that meet or exceed the requirements of the technical spec matrix, including, but not limited to: Performance, Endurance, Capacity, Functionality, and Quality/Reliability.
- Develop new SSD features and feature enhancements as determined by marketing requirements.
- Understanding of hardware acceleration techniques to increase SSD performance.
- Experience with testing of complex firmware in an advanced, automated test environment.
- Experience with debugging complex firmware problems by using existing debugging techniques or developing new diagnostic scripts, programs, or logging code.
- Experience with using and maintaining source code control and defect tracking tools.
- Familiarity with automated firmware build systems and preparation of firmware deliverables to customers.
- Proactively provide to Management, cross-functional team members, and the firmware team consistent, detailed, and properly summarized information regarding activities within the firmware development organization and status of firmware development projects.
- Be able to meet aggressive schedules in a fast-paced development environment.
- 10+ years' experience in the embedded systems development field
- 7+ years' experience with storage devices
- 5+ years’ experience with SSD Firmware Development
- Experience designing and developing firmware using C/C++ programming
- Experience with NAND, FTL, error handling
- Proficiency debugging an embedded firmware application
- Proficiency in using development tools
- The ability to analyze firmware and hardware issues
- Hands-on experience in firmware development and verification, system failure analysis, and problem solving
- A working knowledge of digital hardware design and test equipment such as In-Circuit Emulators (ICE) and logic/bus analyzers (highly desired but not required)
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree
Req# 1823; #LI-JV1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected