Executive Assistant (1 Year Maternity Leave Contract)
- 8160 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6, Canada
KingFisher is the fastest growing designer, builder and marketer of welded heavy-gauge sportfishing boats in North America. We build and distribute 35 models in 5 series: Offshore, Coastal, Sport, Multi-Species and River Jet through an extensive global dealer network from California to Alaska to Eastern Europe.
Enriching peoples’ lives while spending time on the water
What We Value:
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that may include:
- competitive salary,
- afternoon shift premiums,
- MSP and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- and education and apprenticeship opportunities.
KingFisher has received the award for Canada's Best Managed Company and the Employer of Choice award from Boating Business.
For more information please visit www.kingfisherboats.com.
Executive Assistant Duties
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the executive team, as directed.
- Maintain the CEO’s email, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations the CEO.
- Coordinate logistics of executive team programs including meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors for the executive office.
- Take and transcribe dictation notes.
- Prepare and review presentations.
- Present a positive and professional image of the executive office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Carry out an efficient documentation and electronic filing system.
- Maintain Commercial Real Estate portfolio.
- Organize Service Awards and Yearly Fishing Trip.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Act as backup Receptionist.
- Ensure all phone calls are handled professionally and in a timely manner.
- Greet walk-in customers appropriately and assist or direct them as required.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail in a timely manner.
- Enter warranty cards, create boat packages, and order office supplies as required.
- Organize and plan Corporate Events (i.e. Quarterly’s, Christmas Party, etc.).
- Coordinate Birthday celebration.
- Maintain Roles and Responsibilities Boards.
- May support HR Manager in projects and tasks.
- Back-up US Customs boat process.
Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, or combination of education and experience.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 5-7 years' experience in an Administrative role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Keen attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with employees, various management levels and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime may be required
- Environment can be noisy at times.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Energy and Stress
This position may require some travel within within Canada and the United States.
We thank you for your interest in the position. Only those candidates who match the requirements and are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted/shortlisted.