Boat Builder - Rigger, Assembly
- 8160 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6, Canada
KingFisher is the fastest growing designer, builder and marketer of welded heavy-gauge sportfishing boats in North America. We build and distribute 35 models in 5 series: Offshore, Coastal, Sport, Multi-Species and River Jet through an extensive global dealer network from California to Alaska to Eastern Europe.
Enriching peoples’ lives while spending time on the water
What We Value:
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that may include:
- competitive salary,
- afternoon shift premiums,
- MSP and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- and education and apprenticeship opportunities.
KingFisher has received the award for Canada's Best Managed Company and the Employer of Choice award from Boating Business.
For more information please visit www.kingfisherboats.com.
- Installing plumbing, cabinets and electrical (12 Volt) on Offshore fishing boats.
- Quality testing equipment.
- Following work orders.
- Maintainingall equipment to ensure proper functionality.
- Following quality control checks throughout to prevent errors and minimize loss.
- Shop floor/facility clean up and organization tasks as assigned.
- Any other task to enhance appearance or operation of company.
- Strongmechanical aptitude, competent in the use of all hand tools,
- Familiarization with manufacturing and assembly of materials, preference given to those with previous marine experience
- Ability to read blue prints and work orders
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Understanding and ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Shift work for day, evening and weekends.
- Regular periods during which there is continuous physical effort is required, e.g., walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Exposure to factors such as temperature variations/extremes, fumes, moving machinery, humidity, toxic materials which may cause periods of discomfort.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing or seeing to work being performed.
- Noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands exists.
We will review all application, however, only those selected for an interview will be called.