- 8160 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6, Canada
KingFisher is the fastest growing designer, builder and marketer of welded heavy-gauge sportfishing boats in North America. We build and distribute 35 models in 5 series: Offshore, Coastal, Sport, Multi-Species and River Jet through an extensive global dealer network from California to Alaska to Eastern Europe.
Enriching peoples’ lives while spending time on the water
What We Value:
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that may include:
- competitive salary,
- afternoon shift premiums,
- MSP and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- and education and apprenticeship opportunities.
KingFisher has received the award for Canada's Best Managed Company and the Employer of Choice award from Boating Business.
For more information please visit www.kingfisherboats.com.
Prepare sub-assembly parts for boats – includes but not limited to seats, dashes, bilge pumps, miscellaneous parts.
Sub-assemble windows as per production schedule requirements.
Cut out floors, miscellaneous parts & cover with carpet or vinyl as per instructions.
Contribute to improved efficiencies and bulk floor processes.
Carpet interior of boat hull.
Build and/or cover parts as required.
Installation/Assembly of boats – motors, seats, floors, electrical, etc.
Installation of windows.
Quality test of equipment installation prior to finishing.
Shipping preparation of completed boats or parts.
Installation of canvas, various boat options and/or decals as required.
Packaging boats and components using appropriate materials to minimize risk of damage during transport.
Following work orders.
Maintain all equipment to ensure proper functionality.
Implement quality control checks throughout to prevent errors and minimize loss.
Shop floor/facility clean up and organization tasks as assigned.
Any other task to enhance appearance or operation of company.
- Strongmechanical aptitude, competent in the use of all hand tools,
- Familiarization with manufacturing and assembly of materials, preference given to those with previous marine experience
- Ability to read blue prints and work orders
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Understanding and ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Shift work for day, evening and weekends.
- Regular periods during which there is continuous physical effort is required, e.g., walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Exposure to factors such as temperature variations/extremes, fumes, moving machinery, humidity, toxic materials which may cause periods of discomfort.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing or seeing to work being performed.
- Noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands exists.
We will review all application, however, only those selected for an interview will be called.