IT Systems Administrator (Recent Graduate)- 6 Month Contract
- 8160 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6, Canada
KingFisher is the fastest growing designer, builder and marketer of welded heavy-gauge sportfishing boats in North America. We build and distribute 35 models in 5 series: Offshore, Coastal, Sport, Multi-Species and River Jet through an extensive global dealer network from California to Alaska to Eastern Europe.
Enriching peoples’ lives while spending time on the water
What We Value:
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
KingFisher has received the Boating Business Employer of Choice Award and is a finalist for the 2017 Best Managed Companies in Canada!
This role will be responsible for implementing and supporting Windows platform technologies in an enterprise desktop environment; including administration, maintenance and implementation of servers and network devices. This role will also assist in maintenance of online system configuration, content management and system configuration.
Maintain, analyze, and fix computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals
- Give support on a variety of computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Installing new software and hardware (servers, printers, computer workstations, etc.)
- Troubleshoot problems as they relate to Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems
- Active Directory Administration and Management
- DNS, DHCP, Group Policy Administration
- Install, configure and manage MS products such as MS SQL, IIS and more
- Network maintenance and support for remote users
- Manage system backups and recovery
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Maintain server communications operations between web/application servers and/or database servers.
- Support online Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) management system
- Configure and support intranet and assist in administering content management system
- Assists with process and support documentation
- High proficiency with Windows 7/10 desktops, and Internet technologies
- Experience working in a Windows Networking Environment and Internet technologies: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Strong understanding of the Windows 2008R2/2012/2014 Server operating system and IIS administration is required
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory group policies and administration as applicable to desktop environment
- Very good desktop scripting skills (VBScript, Powershell, AD queries, login scripts, etc)
- Good understanding of IP addressing and subnets
- In depth knowledge of switching & routing, WAN, LAN, firewall and VPN
- Familiar with web technology HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JSON, JQuery, PHP, Asp.net
- Functional knowledge of Data base management SQL Server on windows
- Experience with multiple Web Servers and Web Server Infrastructures, including Microsoft IIS and Apache Servers.
- Experience with multiple content management systems including WordPress, Sharepoint, Asp.net CMS, LDAP
- Ability to diagnose incidents for appropriate escalation to other teams
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with challenging situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This is a contract IRAP Youth Employment funded position. In order to qualify you must meet the following criteria:
On the date that this project begins you are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A post-secondary graduate (within the last year)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas)
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits (you will have withdrawn from EI benefits prior to the project start date)
The purpose of the Youth Employment Strategy (YES) is to provide a work experience that would facilitate the transition to the labour market.
We will review all application, however, only those selected for an interview will be called.