Wood Shop Technician
- 8160 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6, Canada
KingFisher Boats, North America’s leading manufacturer of all welded heavy gauge aluminum fishing boats, requires a Wood Shop Technician for our Center of Excellence in Vernon, BC.
Hours of work:
Monday - Thursday 1:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- Cut out floors and miscellaneous parts, using a template, some fabricating required
- Cover parts with carpet or vinyl
- Glue and assembly of products from pre-cut parts
- Carpet interior of boat hulls
- Any other task to enhance appearance or operation of company
- Proficiency and technical knowledge with a wide variety of woodworking tools and machines
- Experience with wood-shop operations and maintenance
- Ability to read a measuring tape
- Ability to complete tasks of a physically demanding nature.
- Excellent inter-personal, organizational and communication skills.
- First Aid Training is an asset
Working conditions vary, depending on specific job duties. Often, workers have to handle heavy, bulky materials, and they encounter a lot of noise and dust. Workers must often wear earplugs, gloves, respirators and goggles to protect themselves.
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Player
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that may include:
- competitive salary,
- MSP and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- and education opportunities.
**KingFisher has received the 2016 Boating Business Employer of Choice Award