Welding Shop Assistant
- 8160 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6, Canada
KingFisher Boats, North America’s leading manufacturer of all welded heavy gauge aluminum fishing boats, require a Weld Shop Assistant for our Center of Excellence in Vernon, BC.
The successful candidates will be assisting Aluminum Welders with daily shop activities within a fast paced team oriented manufacturing environment.
This role involves shift work with expected availability for day and afternoon shifts.
- Shift 1: Monday - Friday 5:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Shift 2: Monday - Thursday 1:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Pre-drilling of production boats.
- Assist welders in the preparation of hulls.
- Prepare components for welding by fitting together in a “ready to weld” condition.
- Work from shop copies, work orders, drawings, and other written instructions within tolerances required.
- Support the Cutting & Forming Department as needed.
- Shop floor or yard clean up and organization tasks.
- Basic welding of production parts.
- Safety oriented.
- Ability to use saws, grinders, and other power equipment.
- Experience working in a production facility.
- Experience in blueprint and work order reading.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs; heavy lifting is required.
- This position is ideal for someone that has an interest in becoming a professional aluminum welder.
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including:
- competitive salary,
- MSP and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- and education and apprenticeship opportunities.
We will review all application, however, only those selected for an interview will be called. Please submit wage requirements along with resume.