Production Welder and Fabricator
- 8160 Highland Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3W6, Canada
KingFisher Boats, North America’s leading manufacturer of all welded heavy gauge aluminum fishing boats is growing and requires 3 Welders for our new fab shop at our Center of Excellence in Vernon, BC.
The successful candidate will fit, fabricate and weld aluminum boat hulls on a production line within a fast-paced, team oriented manufacturing environment. This role involves shift work with expected availability for day and afternoons shifts.
- Shift 1: Monday - Friday from 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Shift 2: Monday - Thursday from 1:00 PM - 11:30 PM.
- Production line welding/hull construction and fabrication; includes fitting of pre-formed parts.
- Preparation of components for welding, maintenance, preparation and cleaning of work area and jigging.
- Welding hulls to company quality standards.
- Shop floor or yard clean up and organization tasks.
- Work from shop copies, work orders, drawings, and other written instructions within tolerances.
- Proven track record of sustainable long-term employment.
- Minimum 6 months education and/or manufacturing/production welding experience.
- Previous experience in welding and fabricating of aluminum product.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work orders.
- Must be able to use drills, shears, grinders and saws.
- Proficient in MIG (Push-Pull) welding.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Experience in TIG welding is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in the boating industry considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Afternoon, day and weekend shift availability is required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Safety equipment will be required to be worn, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, ear protection, respirator, face shield, welding helmet, gloves etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including:
- stable long term employment,
- afternoon shift premiums,
- MSP and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- paid volunteer days,
- and education and apprenticeship opportunities.
We will review all application, however, only those selected for an interview will be called. Please submit wage requirements with a resume.