- Vernon, Canada
KingFisher Boats, North America’s leading manufacturer of all welded heavy gauge aluminum fishing boats, requires Custodian/Maintenance Assistant for our Center of Excellence in Vernon, BC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily light maintenance and cleaning activities in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Hours of work:
- Monday - Thursday: 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Clean office floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Stock production and office consumables (coffee, tea, cream, cutlery etc.)
- Clean lunch room (floors, tables, kitchen, etc.).
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Spray chemical solutions, powders, and gases on or near surfaces of a building to eliminate pests.
- Identify invading pests, including rats, termites, snakes, wasps, ants, spiders, mosquitoes etc.
- Set mechanical traps and place bait.
- Remove dead rodents after extermination.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems.
- Perform routine painting and repairs as necessary to maintain facilities in like new condition.
- Move office furniture.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Dust and cleans air/return vents and filters.
- Maintain flowers and trims shrubbery.
- Clean First Aid Room and eyewash stations.
- Notify manager concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
Other duties as requested.
- 1 -2 years of related experience.
- Must be able to safely and effectively use mechanic's tools.
- Experience cleaning commercial buildings and shops.
- Grounds keeping experience.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule and willing to work overtime or be on call when necessary or assigned.
- Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness.
- Forklift certification is recommended.
- Pest Control preferred but not required.
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that may include:
- competitive salary,
- MSP and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- and education and apprenticeship opportunities.
We will review all application, however, only those selected for an interview will be called.