Shop Assistant - Cutting and Forming
- Vernon, Canada
KingFisher Boats, North America’s leading manufacturer of all welded heavy gauge aluminum fishing boats, requires a Shop Assistant for our Center of Excellence in Vernon, BC.
The successful candidate will be assisting the Cutting & Forming department with daily shop activities in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Availability required for day, afternoon and weekend shifts.
- Receive material
- Kit parts
- Operate router table
- Work in conjunction with the primary operator on the Brake Presses to utilize machine time in a cost effective manner
- Monitor quality and identify defects in product
- Assist with other shop duties ie. Drilling, sanding, forklift operations etc
This is an entry level position with on the job training.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Some manufacturing/shop experience would be an asset
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs
- Basic to intermediary computer skills
- Flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, overtime when required)
Kingfisher Boats recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Respect for People
- Financial Responsibility
- Being Accountable
- Improving Everyday
- Community Enrichment
- Team Players
We offers a comprehensive compensation package that may include:
- competitive salary,
- msp and extended benefits coverage,
- profit sharing,
- retirement saving plans,
- employee purchase plans,
- and education and apprenticeship opportunities.
We will review all application, however, only those selected for an interview will be called.