Technical Program Manager
- Remote, Seattle, Washington, United States
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, and financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, and more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, and advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica’s accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability and complexity that result from extreme data.
Kinetica operates with a global footprint and an unprecedented adoption by Global 2000 organizations with venture backing from Great Point Ventures, Meritech Capital Partners, Canvas Ventures and Citi Ventures.
For more information and trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kinetica is in search of a Technical Program Manager to focus on Big Data & Analytics. As a Technical Program Manager, you’ll provide data sets, services, and infrastructure to help our business partners make sound, data-driven decisions. You will lead projects to manage large volumes of corporate data, enable data discovery and security, master and integrate disparate datasets, and deliver clean, secure platforms for reporting and advanced analytics.
In this role, you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate with various project stakeholders.
- Experience working on multiple projects with different stakeholders, and make data-driven decisions and judgment.
- Create detailed functional specifications that meet the business needs of our teams and balance business priorities vs. technical constraints.
- Define and maintain a product roadmap that optimally balances business priorities, implementation cost, and project risk.
- Drive and track the entire software life cycle, from requirements through design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Provide effective written and verbal status updates on the product roadmap.
- Have strong communication skills to interact with executives, non-technical and technical individuals.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
- Align key internal and external partners to ensure scalable solutions and excellence in execution
- 6+ years of work experience in the role of data engineer, BI engineer, data architect, data team manager, or Technical Program Manager.
- Maturity, negotiation/influence, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
- Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications.
- Ability to work independently, excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing very large data warehouses and Big Data or Data Lake solutions
- Expert in writing SQL scripts.
- Expert knowledge in an enterprise-class RDBMS and Spark.
- A passion for technology.
- We are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills while trying new approaches.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Program Management on cross-functional projects.
- Experience working with data analytics tools and reporting platforms.
- Experience with data analysis using various scripting languages including SQL, tools, and/or platforms.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Solid communication skills and a team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.