Sr. Software Engineer (Backend)
- 901 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22203, USA
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, and financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, and more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, and advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica’s accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability and complexity that result from extreme data.
For more information and trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kinetica is looking for an experienced backend software engineer looking for an opportunity to join a growing team of engineers that develop various end-user native API bindings and integration connectors into third-party enterprise software products.
Working with engineering group to help identify cohesive interaction model across components and propose key refinements to existing components to achieve cross-product experience alignment.
Provide strategic feedback on tooling landscape to help influence product direction.
Ensuring team’s agreed upon objectives are reached in a consistent and timely manner.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 4+ years (post college) development experience in Java and C++ (must have).
- Development experience in a Linux environment.
- Comfortable with various tools (i.e. Git...)
- Software Development processes include Agile and continuous integration
Recommended/Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with developing integration components leveraging a third-party SDK (e.g. Spark, Kafka, NiFi, Flink, Beam)
- Strong experience in parallel/multi-threaded programming
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.