Data Science Software Engineer
- 901 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22203, USA
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, and financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, and more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, and advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica’s accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability and complexity that result from extreme data.
For more information and trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kinetica seeks Data Science Software Engineers who love designing user experiences for complex technical products, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and share our drive to craft products that customers will enjoy. We want people who want to go the extra mile to design brilliant experiences despite highly technical inner workings. We want people who realize that success is both a personal and a team effort and that winning technical products are the same -- they are complex but well-integrated machines that used best available technologies packed into a cohesive product experience that functions at scale. We want curious tinkerers, but we also want people who can drive a product to the finish line.
- Work with commercial and open source packages to find ideal stacks to achieve required product features
- Work collaboratively with a close-knit team to design and develop a release-quality commercial product
- Work smoothly with our broader engineering group to ensure products fit into the company’s product lineup
- Work iteratively to hone proof-of-concepts for new product features and steadily merge development into the overall product
- Integrate a variety of components into an overall smooth-functioning product
- Ability to bring things to a close -- not just exploring but getting things to the finish line.
- Research products and keep abreast of marketplace offerings and possibilities
- Keep attuned to the marketplace and spot opportunities to expand functionality in response to new technical capabilities as they arise
- Keep attuned to customer use and actively work to improve product experience to meet usage, both current and future usage the customer may not even realize they need
- Bachelors, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Math, Physics, or equivalent
- Enthusiasm for technology and product development
- Interest in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Excitement about a small company with close team interactions and a fast-moving culture
- Understanding of the data science ecosystem -- commercial and open source
- Openness to roll-with-the-punches, as required for highly competitive markets with competitive landscapes that require constant product and features enhancements
- Experience at high-tech startup, technology/data science consultancy, or tech-intensive org
- Experience with databases
- Proficiency working in Linux environments
- Comfortable with Python and other languages
- Experience with at least one machine learning open source package (sklearn, TensorFlow, Caffe2, Torch, etc.) The more experience the better. Relevant portfolios a big plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.