- Department: External Placement
- Work Setup: Remote
- Hours per Week: 40
Who is Kindred?
Kindred are specialists in staffing marketing, creative and technology roles, offering a range of talent solutions that can be delivered on-site, remotely or hybrid.
Our vision is to make work accessible and people’s lives better. We do this by disrupting traditional employment barriers – connecting ambitious talent to flexible opportunities with trusted brands.
Our client, a leading provider of core system solutions to the P&C and General insurance industry, is seeking a Sales Director to be accountable for global revenue growth, end-to-end satisfaction, and reference-ability of the customer(s) throughout the customer life cycle. The chosen candidate will lead and coordinate the company's onsite and virtual account team, orchestrating all team members around a single, clearly articulated account strategy.
To drive toward success, the selected candidate will ensure three critical elements are in place: a customer-validated multi-year road map, an associated account strategy, and annual plan, as well as effectively deploying and executing against the customer-agreed governance model (including the assigned Executive Sponsor). The role is ultimately measured by growth in overall revenues, protecting the maintenance base, and increasing the NPS over time.
This is a remote position, the successful candidate can be based anywhere in the United States.
What you will do:
- Orchestrate and lead the execution of the account strategy, incorporating a virtual account team (including sales, solutions, services, and partners).
- Act as the Sales lead on assigned one or more large strategic customer account(s) with a primary focus on software license growth in partnership with the services team driving services growth.
- Manage all customer-facing functions, including executive sponsor engagement, strategic program reviews, etc. all to achieve tighter more profitable business plans, thus increasing customer satisfaction and further solidifying the Sales Director's position as a trusted adviser.
- Complete long-term business strategy planning and create the Company-enabling innovation agenda with the customer.
- Drive and identify co-innovation opportunities, then facilitate moving from pipeline to delivery of the opportunities.
- Develop long-term c-level relationships, create, and manage a strong joint Company-customer governance model, and ensure that the assigned executive sponsor is appropriately engaged.
- Lead integrated account planning and ensure that the footprint is expanded with the involvement of all relevant account team members and strategic engagement with partners.
- Proactively identify customer problems and propose solutions
- Influence and lead a virtual team of resources from various functions and geographies.
- Drive revenue growth across the company throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Create barriers to entry for competitors, protecting the customer base.
- Provide leadership around value realization.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- 10+ years of business experience in Sales or Consulting with complex business software / IT solutions.
- 5+ years of deep insurance industry/domain expertise.
- 5+ years of Account Management experience / leading account teams.
- Strong knowledge of the complete company’s offering (including Service and Support).
- Strong solution sales skills a must and have demonstrated exceeding sales targets.
- Experience with long term planning of resources, technology, and account structure.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proficient in Salesforce.
- Ability to effectively lead a cross functional team by focusing on strategic outcomes.
Candidates must be legally authorized to live and work in the country they are based in, without requiring sponsorship.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kindred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.