- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Department: Staffing
- Work Setup: Hybrid
- Hours per Week: 40
Who is Kindred?
Kindred are specialists in staffing marketing, creative and technology roles, offering a range of talent solutions that can be delivered on-site, remotely or hybrid.
Our vision is to make work accessible and people’s lives better. We do this by disrupting traditional employment barriers – connecting ambitious talent to flexible opportunities with trusted brands.
Our client in the global professional services industry is seeking a talented Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
- Create precision maintenance specifications for fit, tolerance, quality and quantity, especially around fasteners, lubrication, alignment, and balance of rotating equipment.
- Work with client personnel to develop wrench-ready precision maintenance job plans.
- Act as subject matter expert in the application of precision maintenance optimum reference states with regard to fasteners, lubrication, alignment, balance, and precision maintenance management.
- Lead teams of diverse client stakeholders to align behind appropriate technical solutions.
- Optimize existing maintenance plans for precision, preventive, failure-oriented, and condition-based maintenance.
- Establish standards and processes for assessing and monitoring critical assets (Bad Actor Programs).
- Prepare and execute workshops including training and coaching of planners, engineers, and equipment and reliability specialists.
- Understand work process to minimize cost and maximize safety and productivity.
- Engineering degree with experience in maintenance/reliability/plant engineering or equivalent industry experience as a technician culminating in at least 4 years serving as an equipment/reliability specialist in the field of maintenance
- Experience in mechanical maintenance, reliability, condition monitoring, predictive/preventative maintenance and maintenance systems (CMMS).
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance planning.
- Process and plant know-how in the large-scale industry (mining and metals, refinery, petrochemical/chemical, energy supply).
- Rotating equipment expertise and know-how about RCA studies are a plus.
- Excellent MS-Office skills; ERP or special system knowledge skills a plus.
- Ability to communicate at ease with and influence stakeholders.
- Hands-on mentality paired with professional and engaging presentation skills.
- Excellent fluency in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Working proficiency in Afrikaans, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kindred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.